FS/OLB Adam Myers-White

Oh how far we have fallen when the High School All-American Game is one of the biggest days in recent Husker History.

Uh, it's been a big day for a while. Ever since kids decided they were going to start announcing commitments at the game. I guess us Husker fans don't know much about it because we have never had this many commits and possible commits playing in it. Ever.

Oh how far we have fallen when the High School All-American Game is one of the biggest days in recent Husker History.

Uh, it's been a big day for a while. Ever since kids decided they were going to start announcing commitments at the game. I guess us Husker fans don't know much about it because we have never had this many commits and possible commits playing in it. Ever.

No actually, normally (like for 35 straight years) we have enjoyed a bowl game and are looking forward to spring and the next year. Also, we have normally had coaches that have the class locked up with good players that actually do something wierd, the FIT THE SYSTEM.

No actually, normally (like for 35 straight years) we have enjoyed a bowl game and are looking forward to spring and the next year. Also, we have normally had coaches that have the class locked up with good players that actually do something wierd, the FIT THE SYSTEM.

That's great and all, but you are changing the subject. The original post was about the significance of the Army game in RECRUITING and that some how it is bad that we are looking forward to it. It is BIG in recruiting for everyone and has nothing to do with the bowl streak or how much you loathe everything. I simply pointed out that it is big in recruiting for a lot of schools simply because highy desired players have decided to commit during this game. The common Husker fan hasn't really had a reason to pay close attention to recruiting much before this year.

It's nice of you to judge this class before they even step on the field. I am sure they appreciate it.

That's great and all, but you are changing the subject. The original post was about the significance of the Army game in RECRUITING and that some how it is bad that we are looking forward to it. It is BIG in recruiting for everyone and has nothing to do with the bowl streak or how much you loathe everything. I simply pointed out that it is big in recruiting for a lot of schools simply because highy desired players have decided to commit during this game. The common Husker fan hasn't really had a reason to pay close attention to recruiting much before this year.

It's nice of you to judge this class before they even step on the field. I am sure they appreciate it.

Actually, you changed the subject, I just stated as to why the game may or may not have had much signifigance in the past.

BTW, I didnt know that pointing out the record of past staffs was somehow judging this class, as a matter of fact, I dont even MENTION this years class in said post, but lets not let little things like facts get in the way of a good story.

Yeah, normally at this time we are done talking about the bowl game and looking forward to Spring Ball. This year, we have 6 players that are going to be playing for Nebraska next year playing in the all star game featuring 78 of the best players in the nation. There are a handful others that could be committing during the game as well. And as far as saying the coaches have the class locked up at this time, I don't agree with that. In the book "The Complete fan's guide to Cornhusker football", Osborne talks about not even being able to get kids to visit until after the bowl game and sometimes he couldn't even get the kids to come in then, they would just commit because he was Tom Osborne(If you are a fan of Nebraska football, I suggest getting that book, lots of facts and tidbits and trivia from throughout the years). I remember Solich not having a recruit commit for a ridiculous period of like 5 months during the 2002 season. Horne committed on LOI day in February of 2002. And yes, this Army All American game is a big deal, has been for a while, but NOT HERE. Why? Because we haven't had this many potential Huskers playing in the game ever. We have by far the most of any team. I'd like to see what all the hype is all about, what some of these kids can do.