NU vs. Penn State in 2014-2015? Maybe......

That would fill that void for a "Big Name" school on the non-conference schedule.

2008 and 2009 Virginia Tech

2010 and 2011 Washington

2012 and 2013 UCLA

2014 and 2015 Penn State???

2016 and 2017 Tennessee

Replace Washington with Georgia and Penn State with Ohio State and I'd be a happier man....

That would fill that void for a "Big Name" school on the non-conference schedule.

2008 and 2009 Virginia Tech

2010 and 2011 Washington

2012 and 2013 UCLA

2014 and 2015 Penn State???

2016 and 2017 Tennessee

Replace Washington with Georgia and Penn State with Ohio State and I'd be a happier man....

Maybe Stevie P can grow a pair the size of Devaney's and schedule those teams IN ADDITION to the other games?

Cropduster,

As much as I love The Huskers, I don't think you/we would want anything to do with Georgia in the years that we are to be playing Washington. As good as our recruiting class is shaping up so far this year, The Dawgs already have like 3 top 30 players and all except maybe 2 of the 13 recruits are 4 stars are higher. In addition to this, Athens is an absurdly fun town...if you are a UGA supporter. We have some of the most hostile, vile, and classless fans in the country and do not make a "welcoming" atmosphere for opposing teams or oposing fans. I would say avoid Georgia for at least another 10 years.

Tom

Cropduster,

As much as I love The Huskers, I don't think you/we would want anything to do with Georgia in the years that we are to be playing Washington. As good as our recruiting class is shaping up so far this year, The Dawgs already have like 3 top 30 players and all except maybe 2 of the 13 recruits are 4 stars are higher. In addition to this, Athens is an absurdly fun town...if you are a UGA supporter. We have some of the most hostile, vile, and classless fans in the country and do not make a "welcoming" atmosphere for opposing teams or oposing fans. I would say avoid Georgia for at least another 10 years.

Tom

That's an interesting statement, the Georgia Bulldog fans that I've known have always been very cordial. As far as the state penn-Nebraska deal, Paterno wont be on the sidelines for that game.

I'm not really excited about playing Penn State. We just did a few years ago. Let's play a team we never have or haven't in awhile; Ohio State, Michigan, someone with tradition. Maybe an SEC school as well. LSU would be fun.

:yeah Although the one benefit would be that I get to see the Huskers play.