2008 starting lineup

Breakaway speed is not relevant when talking about Todd Peterson, because he is a possession receiver, and a damn fine one at that. Ever since '05 I have always thought that he was our most underrated offensive weapon, and I still hold to that sentiment.

Don't take the lack of break away speed as an insult. It is what it is. I think very highly of Todd. He has worked his A$$ off and really earned everything he is getting. Nice to see a local boy with family history with the University succeed.

Breakaway speed is not relevant when talking about Todd Peterson, because he is a possession receiver, and a damn fine one at that. Ever since '05 I have always thought that he was our most underrated offensive weapon, and I still hold to that sentiment.

Todd is tall, physical, and drops nothing.......he's a favorite in my house too!

Todd is tall, physical, and drops nothing.......he's a favorite in my house too!

Todd Peterson dropped 2 VERY catchable passes on the drive against aTm, but i guess you can say he made up for it with that 4th down reception.

I watch that drive weekly on youtube, and I get chills everytime.

Todd Peterson dropped 2 VERY catchable passes on the drive against aTm, but i guess you can say he made up for it with that 4th down reception.

I watch that drive weekly on youtube, and I get chills everytime.

I wish I had his season stats because I'm trying to think of another drop he had. Mabey I have rose colored glasses, but I don't think so. <_<

Now Nate Swift....how does he always seem to make the acrobatic catch, but always seems to struggle with the easy one's??

don't get me wrong, Peterson is a very sure-handed WR, but its just those 2 drops standout to me, but other than that, he's very reliable.

Peterson and Keller appeared to have solid chemistry during the Spring Game, and I'm not worried about Purify's situation for this season.

This year we have the wonderful misfortune of having an incredible WR corp. You are right on about Nate Swift,(makes miracle catch then drops a two hander) Nunn IMO underperformed this last year for some reason, but Todd is one of the least athletic WR we have yet the most consistant I think. I'm really excited about Holt and Henry for this year I hope we see them out there! And Finally I hope Purify has gotton his rude awakening and can return with a new sense of urgency.

Now Nate Swift....how does he always seem to make the acrobatic catch, but always seems to struggle with the easy one's??

***SNIP***

That has to be a concentration issue - it can't be a physical attribute, or he wouldn't catch the hard ones. I suspect that the more difficult the catch, the more he hones in on the ball, and that's what's lacking on the "easy" one.

If he can learn to bring the same level of concentration to the easy catches as he does to the difficult...

• 1 month later...

Thats my guess and i think i am accurate on this. There is no way that you not play a 6'6" guy with 4.4 speed that will cause linebackers, and safeties to double team him. :horns2

QB: Joe Ganz

RB: Marlon Lucky

FB: Thomas Lawson

WR: Will Henry, Niles Paul, Meno Holt

TE: Mike McNeill

Guard: Matt Slauson, Andy Christensen

Tackle: Lydon Murtha, D.J Jones

Center: Keith Williams

Defense

Free Safety: Major Culbert

Strong Safety: Larry Asante

Corner Back: Rickey Thenarse, Armando Murillo

Linebacker: Arthur Brown jk :) Austin Stafford, Phillip Dillard, Shaun Mohler

Defensive end: Barry Turner, Zach Potter

D-Tackle: Ndamukong Suh, Shukree Barfield

I realize this is ridicoulosly early but it is kinda fun

if there is anything way off or some one I forgot about let me know

and one thing I really noticed going through the depth chart is that we'll be stacked on the D-Line