How many stars were last year's starters?

Maybe someone has already posted this. But I think it would be interesting, every year, for the Husker starters on offense and defense, to put the number of stars each player had back when they were being recruited.

I think this might be a thread worth sticking, or put in the archives, and then updated every year.

I think it would be fun to see for every year the number of stars our starters had back in high school, and to see how many of our 4- and 5-star recruits actually develop into starters.

It would be interesting to see if any trends develop over time. i.e. the guru's are right on the money, or hey, Cali's is doing a better job than the guru's, or hey whole thing is just one big crap shoot.

I do understand that just because a player is good in high school does not mean he will be good in college; but if that premise holds, why get excited about recruiting at all?

No the assumption of us or any team getting a 4 or 5 star H.S. recruit is that they are expected to become good college players.

I am just interested in seeing how things pan out.

The starting lineup changed throughout the year, as ususal, but here are some for last year's offense, with Rivals stars. Note the O-line marks in particular.

TE Matt Herian 3*

LT Chris Patrick 3*

LG Greg Austin 2*

C Brett Byford 3*

RG Mike Huff 2*

RT Matt Slauson NR

WR(X) Nate Swift 3*

WR(X) Maurice Purify 4*

WR(Z) Terrence Nunn 3*

FB Dane Todd 3*

IB Brandon Jackson 3*

IB Marlon Lucky 5*

QB Zac Taylor 3*

It would be interesting to see if any trends develop over time. i.e. the guru's are right on the money, or hey, Cali's is doing a better job than the guru's, or hey whole thing is just one big crap shoot.

Callahan has a knack for signing a couple guys each year who were mostly overlooked, yet end up as solid contributors. Slauson comes to mind, and to some extend even Zac Taylor and Cory Mckeon. I think WR Will Henry will prove to be another one.

Callahan has a knack for signing a couple guys each year who were mostly overlooked, yet end up as solid contributors. Slauson comes to mind, and to some extend even Zac Taylor and Cory Mckeon. I think WR Will Henry will prove to be another one.

this years version might be John Leverson. And one to look out for in coming years is Jared Crick he could turn out to be a real gem.

Bradley- ?Not rated?

he was a walk on

Yeah wasn't he a former rugby player that hadn't played much football prior to walking on? I think I remember something like that. Anyway I don't think Rivals evaluated him at all out of HS.

Bradley was injured his senior year and couldn't play. I think the only year of HS football he played was his junior year.