College Football's Best "New" Rivalries

You can hate a team because they, their fans, or their coaches are bottom feeders. That doesn't make them rivals.

Exactly. Other wise we would be rivals with that "NCAA sanction dodging, girl raping, money taking, bunch of cheating bit**es called USC"............but were not rivals........just friendly competitors. :)

You can hate a team because they, their fans, or their coaches are bottom feeders. That doesn't make them rivals.

The whole point is that KSU and CU have not been 'bottom feeders'. The Big 12 North champ has been NU, CU or KSU in every year of the Big 12. Other than in '01, the NU - OU games have been more or less meaning less. Nothing huge on the line like it used to be.

The whole point is that KSU and CU have not been 'bottom feeders'. The Big 12 North champ has been NU, CU or KSU in every year of the Big 12. Other than in '01, the NU - OU games have been more or less meaning less. Nothing huge on the line like it used to be.

? My only point was that there are other reasons besides rivalry why someone might hate a team. I don't like CU because of the stupid things their coach says and the fans being badly behaved.

Another point though is that the B12N hasn't been much to brag about since the south has been fairly dominant. I'm hoping rivalry will be at least relative to B12 championship competition rather than B12N competition. I think if we're not competing regularly for the B12 in the near future BC won't be here. I think we need to be regularly 1st or 2nd in the B12, hopefully more 1st than 2nd. Being 1st in the B12N and 4th in the B12 won't pass muster.

There are some darn good teams in the B12. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if consistently making the Fiesta Bowl is going to be what it takes to not get fired, then Mack Brown and Bob Stoops should be gone. If we get back in the mix with those two, then *nobody* will take the conference or even 2nd place very consistently.