Special Teams looking good

it will take more than Prince or whomever gets the return job, to make it happen. we will need good execution in the blocking scheme as well.

Trust me. They only need to watch where he goes and block accordingly. You can not give this guy the ball and expect retrun right, left, or center. And for the poster who didn't like Prince fielding the ball, WOULD YOU WANT TO KICK TO HIM!!!!!!

As a opposite coach, HELL NO!!!

it will take more than Prince or whomever gets the return job, to make it happen. we will need good execution in the blocking scheme as well.

Trust me. They only need to watch where he goes and block accordingly. You can not give this guy the ball and expect retrun right, left, or center. And for the poster who didn't like Prince fielding the ball, WOULD YOU WANT TO KICK TO HIM!!!!!!

I may teach my kicker to squib that week! :lol:

And when was the last time we had someone that other coaches avoided on kickoffs?

And when was the last time we had someone that other coaches avoided on kickoffs?

DeJuan Groce? :hmmph

At first I thought, "that bouncing on the ground sh*t ain't playing at the next level," but then I realized the coaches were doing everything they could to get the ball away from him including squibs and kicking to the up man, and he still fielded the ball and took it to the house.

I noticed on some of the runs he had very good blocking allowing him to get out into the open field untouched, but then he just embarrassed people. Other runs that were not blocked well, he simply reversed field. Also many of the runs were up the middle which shows he's more than just the fast guy on the sweep.

As far as defense, they didn't show too much. He blew up some poor option RB, got a couple of INTs (one of which he returned for the TD) and destroyed a WR (I think) running after the catch.

I guess it will depend on the talent at CB and RB as to where he gets used (Split End anyone?), but he definitely needs to be returning kicks.

DeJuan Groce? :hmmph

Just thought I'd mention that Groce returned punts (at least to my knowledge). Josh Davis was a decent kickoff return man, but didn't have the speed to break one. I just want a returner who'll hit the hole with full speed and not dance around like Dante Hall (most overrated return man EVER).

Ill tell ya what, I was at games when Groce was back to return punts and there was this electric energy that was in the stadium. I cant even begin to describe the excitement that hasnt been there in recent years. Man I hope Prince can bring that back. He has the potential.

Theres still an energy during punt returns, but its more like "Will he field it and if he does can he hang onto the ball?" I'm more worried about a screw now than a TD or good return.

man, i remember josh davis returning kicks. he may not have broke one to the house very often, but he hit that hole so friggin hard defenders were scared to tackle him! but, then he fumbled in the rose bowl and got us off to a bad start, anyway--i think he holds the return yardage record.

i think lucky could have been pretty decent back there, but obviously they have bigger plans for him.