MO P gets probation

My prediction is that MO get's no penalty, not because he's special, but because further punishment won't accomplish anything. If MO hasn't learned anything from this by now it's not going to matter. He'll probably violate his probation and get kicked off the team. There's no point in making him an example. I don't think that will accomplish it's intended purpose. Maybe BC's under pressure (school? fans?) to take some action which could result in an additional penalty, but I don't know how BC responds to such situations.

the part he missed was an apology to the others involved in the fight, i guess he felt that wasn't important. oh well, let's see how he handles this going forward.

Thats a bit short sited dont you think? There are some fights I have been in that the person was entirely wrong and deliberately brought it on himself, some people are just a$$holes and using the criteria "who swung first" is not the best way to determine who that is..........I wouldnt appologize to some of those guys either.

My prediction is that MO get's no penalty, not because he's special, but because further punishment won't accomplish anything. If MO hasn't learned anything from this by now it's not going to matter. He'll probably violate his probation and get kicked off the team. There's no point in making him an example. I don't think that will accomplish it's intended purpose. Maybe BC's under pressure (school? fans?) to take some action which could result in an additional penalty, but I don't know how BC responds to such situations.

wow, are you kidding me? no team punishment whatsoever? i don't care what kind of punishment the judicial system doled out to him, getting no discipline from the coach would send the wrong message to anyone coming into this program. it's not about punishing him more, it's about keeping the program clean and sending a message that these kids have to remain respectable while a member of the program, period.

the part he missed was an apology to the others involved in the fight, i guess he felt that wasn't important. oh well, let's see how he handles this going forward.

Thats a bit short sited dont you think? There are some fights I have been in that the person was entirely wrong and deliberately brought it on himself, some people are just a$$holes and using the criteria "who swung first" is not the best way to determine who that is..........I wouldnt appologize to some of those guys either.

no, i don't think so. he admitted he behaved like a jerk when he was drinking, so why would a sober apology be so tough? especially to the woman he struck.........whatever, it's over now anyway.

wow, are you kidding me? no team punishment whatsoever? i don't care what kind of punishment the judicial system doled out to him, getting no discipline from the coach would send the wrong message to anyone coming into this program. it's not about punishing him more, it's about keeping the program clean and sending a message that these kids have to remain respectable while a member of the program, period.

What I'm saying is that docking MO a couple games isn't going to change anyone's behavior, present or future. If MO was dropped from the team I doubt that would prevent one single person from driving drunk. Heck, why not just have all current and future recruits read about Phillips wasting his life. Maybe MO doesn't know about Phillips. The only people who will "get the message" are those who think he should get punished. In this case I don't believe behavior modification of other team members or recruits is a valid rationale for punishment. I think BC should make a decision based on BC's experience and previous actions in consideration of interactions with MO and the team.

I don't buy the proposition that if BC punishes MO the program will be clean and if he doesn't it will turn dirty. By the way, I'm not saying MO should not get punished, I believe that's BC's call. Nobody here has all the information and knowledge of the situation BC does.

When this whole thing started I predicted that Purify would be out no more than 2 games because there was no way Callahan would have one of our most talented, if not THE most talented player, riding the pine against USC.

Now I'm predicting he'll be sitting out one game against Nevada, but he'll be back to knock the rust off against Wake Forest, and he'll be in full action against USC.

Bank on it.