New Punt Returners

Sounds like they're mixing it up on punt returns a bit...

first was about an 18 yd ret by Brandon Jackon and 2nd was C-Ross for 12 yds.

Looks like the coaches read Huskerboard after all!!! :)

About time he finally woke up. The sad thing is I still heard panico back there sometimes. What a Joke.

Looks like the coaches read Huskerboard after all!!!  :)

About time he finally woke up. The sad thing is I still heard panico back there sometimes. What a Joke.

Panico is back there when we absolutely need ball security. Like when we are being pinned back deep in our own territory. Why not use both of them?

*cough*Ross did fumble once on a punt return*cough*

Looks like the coaches read Huskerboard after all!!!  :)

Panico is back there when we absolutely need ball security. Like when we are being pinned back deep in our own territory. Why not use both of them?

*cough*Ross did fumble once on a punt return*cough*

I would never ever ever have him back there. If were going to get pinned deep, I wouldn't have any one back there, might aswell go after it. He is terrrrrrrrible. Terrible! terrible at punt returns. terrible.

Brandon Jackson was not back deep on any punt returns. Ross had one that was returned for 15 yards and fumbled another one and Panico was deep for all of the others. I think that Panico is what we need back there for when a team is going to try to pin us deep. He has great hands and that will keep us from getting pinned deeper than what we were than before.

Brandon Jackson was not back deep on any punt returns. Ross had one that was returned for 15 yards and fumbled another one and Panico was deep for all of the others. I think that Panico is what we need back there for when a team is going to try to pin us deep. He has great hands and that will keep us from getting pinned deeper than what we were than before.

Exactly.

Panico needed to redshirt and that was about it this year.

I don't agree with that. Coaches redshirt people way too much in my opinion. If a player can help his team out in any way then they should not be redshirted. Panico has great hands for fielding punts. No he does not get any good returns but sometimes it is not necessary. I liked how Bill had Ross back there when he wanted a return and Panico when he just wanted to not get pinned inside the 10.

I don't agree with that. Coaches redshirt people way too much in my opinion. If a player can help his team out in any way then they should not be redshirted. Panico has great hands for fielding punts. No he does not get any good returns but sometimes it is not necessary. I liked how Bill had Ross back there when he wanted a return and Panico when he just wanted to not get pinned inside the 10.

I have good hands to, should I go play? He is terrible and should have been redshirted. Out of the 100 on the team, I'm sure there are more with good hands then him. I'm sure some of them wr's have good hands and can run more than 2 yards.

I don't think that redshirting him is going to help him out very much. He is too far down the depth chart as a reciever to think that he is going to make an impact and I think that his ability to secure punts is what Callahan is looking for as a returner right now. Everyone and their dog was upset and begging for Callahan to get someone back there that could hang on to the ball after the Western Illinios game and now that we have that we want so much more. I think that what Callahan did against Baylor could work for us. Use Ross when we want a return and use Panico when we just want to secure the ball.

I don't think that redshirting him is going to help him out very much. He is too far down the depth chart as a reciever to think that he is going to make an impact and I think that his ability to secure punts is what Callahan is looking for as a returner right now. Everyone and their dog was upset and begging for Callahan to get someone back there that could hang on to the ball after the Western Illinios game and now that we have that we want so much more. I think that what Callahan did against Baylor could work for us. Use Ross when we want a return and use Panico when we just want to secure the ball.

Panico is a safety I believe. After the bullocks he could be our starter, it would be nice to have him that extra year.