RUNNING BACKS

other than Marlon, how healthy are the other backs and what role will Mendoza play early?

Good questions. Although not completely healed, Glenn is running without a hitch for the first time in a while.

Lucky is 100% and should get the brunt. I think Glenn can play a very big role if he can stay healthy.

If not, we will see some youngsters get Lucky a breather or mop up duty.

Hope that helps.

Alright!!! This is music to my ears. Where did you hear this? :clap

Need I say more?

nope, no need to say more

other than Marlon, how healthy are the other backs and what role will Mendoza play early?

Good questions. Although not completely healed, Glenn is running without a hitch for the first time in a while.

Lucky is 100% and should get the brunt. I think Glenn can play a very big role if he can stay healthy.

If not, we will see some youngsters get Lucky a breather or mop up duty.

Hope that helps.

Alright!!! This is music to my ears. Where did you hear this? :clap

Need I say more?

thanks 4 the highlights... our running backs coach is the BOMB! visions of D'Angelo before the bug forced him to break everything outside. everyone puts enormous preassure on Keller but in reality Lucky is the key to success this year.

With an improved offensive line, I know this year he'll definitely live up to his pre-college hype. Man, this guy doesn't need to break tackles, he just makes everyone miss!

ya, he does look good.

Also, last year he was not 100% in the latter half of the season. The first few games he hit the holes hard. If he can get past the line and in the secondary, there's a chance he can break it.

With an improved offensive line, I know this year he'll definitely live up to his pre-college hype. Man, this guy doesn't need to break tackles, he just makes everyone miss!

ya, he does look good.

Also, last year he was not 100% in the latter half of the season. The first few games he hit the holes hard. If he can get past the line and in the secondary, there's a chance he can break it.

I think that he also proved how accurate of a passer he is last season. Did you see that chunk to Nate Swift for a TD vs. TEXAS. Not many backs can throw like that. It was like 30-40 yards wasn't it?

Cody is doing well and is having a good summer working out with the guys in the 7-on-7. His foot situation has gotten better and he has been running well, but he will at times have a little bit of pain associated with it in the evenings after running on it a good bit. I fully expect him to be primed and ready to go for fall camp and the season. I am expecting a big season from both Lucky and the C-Train.

LIke we had discussed in a previous posting, I don't think we have anything to worry about in th FB department Lawson is a stud. I hope you are wrong about Lucky. Last year he had quite a few runs he busted up the middle for some big gains.

i hope im wrong to, the buzz is he doesnt appeal to the inside run as well as jackson thrived on it, hence Jackson commanded the respect of the O line and they pounded for him. most of the preassure this season is going to be on Lucky. we need a solid inside running game. and im hoping Lawson breaks through.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGAWD I LOVE ALL THINGS HUSKER AND ALL FANS HUSKER BUT THIS IS GETTING OLD.

LUCKY IS VERY GOOD. CALLY AND CO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS THAN WE DO AND UNTIL HE GOT DINGED UP HE WAS AHEAD OF BJAX.

Why do you think Bjax bolted? the writing was on the wall. He couldnt beat out a healthy lucky at the start of the year. At the end of the year when his hand healed he couldnt get back on the field cuz Lucky was healthy again.

Lucky will have a MONSTER YEAR barring injury.

There seems to be so much pissing and moaning about lucky. HE WILL BE JUST FINE. BJAX ISIN THE NFL MAKING MILLIONS BECAUSE OF LUCKY.

Why do you think Bjax bolted? the writing was on the wall. He couldnt beat out a healthy lucky at the start of the year. At the end of the year when his hand healed he couldnt get back on the field cuz Lucky was healthy again.

Oh, I don't think that's the case. That's saying Lucky, as a sophomore, is a better back than Bjax, a 2nd round NFL pick. Very lofty with little evidence...we shall see. I do think Bjax would start had he stayed, of course. He could be starting with the Packers.

Cody is doing well and is having a good summer working out with the guys in the 7-on-7. His foot situation has gotten better and he has been running well, but he will at times have a little bit of pain associated with it in the evenings after running on it a good bit. I fully expect him to be primed and ready to go for fall camp and the season. I am expecting a big season from both Lucky and the C-Train.

I think Cody Glenn is due for a big year, he doesnt get nearly enough credit for his speed how agile he is, hes not just some big lumbering guy like Javorskie Lane. Heres to Glenn and a 1,000 yard season. :woo

I've heard that Cody Glenn's foot has a condition that never heals- that he will forever be just 80-90% at best. Can anyone elaborate on this?

If that is the case I will be sorely disappointed. I've always thought that Glenn was a better back than Lucky. Lucky isn't bad, but he needs to have a big game against a legit defense before I'm fully behind him. He brought the wood to Troy, but that was really his only standout game.