Rivals New Bowl Predictions

Aim9

Here is a link:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=696039

Obviously, all such lists and ranks and whatever will become entirely irrelevant when the season starts but rivals, as usual, has some pretty grounded arguments. Of all the college football news sources, I find rivals to be the best. They usually do their homework.

P.S. - No, I don't work for or subscribe to rivals.

interesting theory, but I'd be extremely disappointed with the Gator bowl. While Miami is a high-profile opponent that we have some history with, realistically for this to be considered the breakthrough that Husker fans expect, we would have to be in a BCS bowl, either as Big 12 champ or an at-large bid.

West Virginia and Louisville both have legitimate shots, but the reason for that is that realistically they play one or two tough conference games and then a marginal non-conference schedule that enables them to have really good chances at 11 win seasons. Factor in that the Big East has become a media darling, and I can see them putting both those teams in BCS games. There are two at-large bids to the BCS, and it's gonna be tough for the Big 12 to get one because of the perception our conference outside of UT/OU is weak.

I wouldn't mind a Gator Bowl. Last year was the first in many in which we've gone to a January bowl game. Keeping that up means we had a good season but finished 2nd in the Big 12. It's acceptable; although I'd rather not lose the CCG winning the bowl game is more important.

If we beat USC though, yeah, the Gator Bowl will be a little disappointing.

I like where they have ND projected ;)