Play Calling

I think we need to stick to what is working. Against Baylor ( I know it was Baylor and they suck) we had success throwing the football. I say we do what every works the best for us and keep to it for the rest of the game. Callahan scripts the first 15-20 plays and they are pretty even as far as run plays to pass plays for most games. I say what ever works the best we stick to for the game.

Against baylor the first 20, 17 or 18 were runs. Thats how it should be baby!

I think we need to stick to what is working. Against Baylor ( I know it was Baylor and they suck) we had success throwing the football. I say we do what every works the best for us and keep to it for the rest of the game. Callahan scripts the first 15-20 plays and they are pretty even as far as run plays to pass plays for most games. I say what ever works the best we stick to for the game.

Especially this week since K-State gives up 146 yards a game (64th in the country) on the ground. They have yet to play a team with a good tailback and I think that we could throw three at them that could run all over them. Granted, we don't play all three but we normally play two and which ever two we play, most likely Ross and Jackson, they should both be able to have a big day on the ground.

Especially this week since K-State gives up 146 yards a game (64th in the country) on the ground. They have yet to play a team with a good tailback and I think that we could throw three at them that could run all over them. Granted, we don't play all three but we normally play two and which ever two we play, most likely Ross and Jackson, they should both be able to have a big day on the ground.

Last I knew, Adrian Peterson was pretty good. In fact I think he is a top 5 heisman contender.

I don't think that we will throw the ball 30 times. Last week we set the record with just 20 passes. I don't see us going strictly to the air.

I don't see it either. Although I have to admit I am having a hard time gauging what we are going to come out with as far as plays. We have kinda been all over the place, as though they were trying to figure out a balance that will work with the players. Some are going to tell you it was obvious what to call, but everyone thinks they know what's best.

With the way the offense executed plays this weekend I would think we would think we would see close to the same type of plays and strategy.

I absolutely have a problem with throwing the ball, even more than 10 times. They are still learning the WCO. By throwing the ball too much, is a very easy way of losing control of the game. We'll have a better chance of putting the ball in D. Sproles hands where he can hurt us. He can't do much if he's sitting on the bench watching his defense.

Heaven forbid if we get behind early. If we do, I could definietly see 30 attempted passes, maybe even 35.

I absolutely have a problem with throwing the ball, even more than 10 times. They are still learning the WCO. By throwing the ball too much, is a very easy way of losing control of the game. We'll have a better chance of putting the ball in D. Sproles hands where he can hurt us. He can't do much if he's sitting on the bench watching his defense.

Heaven forbid if we get behind early. If we do, I could definietly see 30 attempted passes, maybe even 35.

But at the same time how are you going to learn if you don't do? Throwing the ball less than 10 times will net you nothing in trying to establish this offense. Kinda like running on a treadmill. Winning games is important, but when you are in the position this team is you can't just look past the larger goal of using the WCO to it's full potential IMO.

You can lose control of the game running the ball to. Remember when Ahman and his fumbling problems?

We need to run the damn ball, and stop throwing so much...

What? Run the Ball u say? could this be the awnser to opening up the passing game? this is too much for Callahan to understand he is far to busy counting the money that he will make this year win or loose.... to open the passing lgame you have to show a running game to make the D fear the run then pass or open your Passing game all the way open and pass every play like texas tech.... One or the other Callahan needs to make up his mind though making him choose 50/50 might be tuff he doent make calls too well under the gun.

I absolutely have a problem with throwing the ball, even more than 10 times.  They are still learning the WCO.  By throwing the ball too much, is a very easy way of losing control of the game.  We'll have a better chance of putting the ball in D. Sproles hands where he can hurt us.  He can't do much if he's sitting on the bench watching his defense.

Heaven forbid if we get behind early.  If we do, I could definietly see 30 attempted passes, maybe even 35.

But at the same time how are you going to learn if you don't do? Throwing the ball less than 10 times will net you nothing in trying to establish this offense. Kinda like running on a treadmill. Winning games is important, but when you are in the position this team is you can't just look past the larger goal of using the WCO to it's full potential IMO.

You can lose control of the game running the ball to. Remember when Ahman and his fumbling problems?

wtf???? Ahmad Green was second to only Rozier? fumble problems? lets talk about turn overs period how many INT has dailey thrown? and how many fumbles did green have on his worst year?

Let alone that GReen PLays in the pros now and Dailey better start getting book smart he has no chance in the pros at any possition.