Play Calling

I absolutely have a problem with throwing the ball, even more than 10 times.  They are still learning the WCO.  By throwing the ball too much, is a very easy way of losing control of the game.  We'll have a better chance of putting the ball in D. Sproles hands where he can hurt us.  He can't do much if he's sitting on the bench watching his defense.

Heaven forbid if we get behind early.  If we do, I could definietly see 30 attempted passes, maybe even 35.

But at the same time how are you going to learn if you don't do? Throwing the ball less than 10 times will net you nothing in trying to establish this offense. Kinda like running on a treadmill. Winning games is important, but when you are in the position this team is you can't just look past the larger goal of using the WCO to it's full potential IMO.

You can lose control of the game running the ball to. Remember when Ahman and his fumbling problems?

wtf???? Ahmad Green was second to only Rozier? fumble problems? lets talk about turn overs period how many INT has dailey thrown? and how many fumbles did green have on his worst year?

Let alone that GReen PLays in the pros now and Dailey better start getting book smart he has no chance in the pros at any possition.

What's your point? Yea people have had turnover problems in the past. Ahman had them in an offense that had been established for years. Dailey is working in a system that has been in place all of 6 games.

My point was that we have had turnover problems in the past. It's nothing new.

I absolutely have a problem with throwing the ball, even more than 10 times.  They are still learning the WCO.  By throwing the ball too much, is a very easy way of losing control of the game.  We'll have a better chance of putting the ball in D. Sproles hands where he can hurt us.  He can't do much if he's sitting on the bench watching his defense.

Heaven forbid if we get behind early.  If we do, I could definietly see 30 attempted passes, maybe even 35.

But at the same time how are you going to learn if you don't do? Throwing the ball less than 10 times will net you nothing in trying to establish this offense. Kinda like running on a treadmill. Winning games is important, but when you are in the position this team is you can't just look past the larger goal of using the WCO to it's full potential IMO.

You can lose control of the game running the ball to. Remember when Ahman and his fumbling problems?

wtf???? Ahmad Green was second to only Rozier? fumble problems? lets talk about turn overs period how many INT has dailey thrown? and how many fumbles did green have on his worst year?

Let alone that GReen PLays in the pros now and Dailey better start getting book smart he has no chance in the pros at any possition.

What's your point? Yea people have had turnover problems in the past. Ahman had them in an offense that had been established for years. Dailey is working in a system that has been in place all of 6 games.

My point was that we have had turnover problems in the past. It's nothing new.

Comparing ahman's to's to dailey isn't quite the same. I don't member ahman having a to problem at nu but in nfl he fumbles some but not near the number of Dailey's picks.

So I was off on the pass completions, big hairy deal...

Whatever happened to running the ball to set up the pass? I know that "never" work. I can't think of the name of the team, that would run the ball religously, then hit the tight end for a big gain, and even a few touchdowns...

No one has ever said that doesn't work. But the bigger question is what if you can't develop the run? What do you do then?

Whatever happened to running the ball to set up the pass?  I know that "never" work.  I can't think of the name of the team, that would run the ball religously, then hit the tight end for a big gain, and even a few touchdowns...

No one has ever said that doesn't work. But the bigger question is what if you can't develop the run? What do you do then?

I watched the callahan show last night and our line was blowing kstates line off the ball and we got some very good gains.

QUOTE (walksalone @ Oct 25 2004, 04:47 AM)

Whatever happened to running the ball to set up the pass? I know that "never" work. I can't think of the name of the team, that would run the ball religously, then hit the tight end for a big gain, and even a few touchdowns... 

Then you'd better start looking for a better Offensive Coordinator, or a new job...

I watched the callahan show last night and our line was blowing kstates line off the ball and we got some very good gains.

I thought they only showed the good plays on that show? You said it here

I watched the first half, then went to bed. It seemed a lot of running plays started off well, then came crashing down.

Wasn't many good plays to show in this game, would have only been a 15 minute show. The running plays were wide open but then he would go to a pass and then we'd get a false start and it's 3rd and long and not much running can do then.