Surprising Stats

I was really surprised to see that Dailey was third in the Big 12 in passing yards and fifth in quarterback ratings. I would figure that 12 interceptions would really hurt his quarterback ratings. He is only a few points behind Cumbie who has about 1300 more yards through the air.

Other surprising stats are Ross at 5th in the conference with 574 yards and Daniel Bullocks tied for the lead in the conference with four interceptions.

Our offense is fifth in rushing yards per game and fourth in passing yards per game. These are just a few stats that surprised me but maybe you guys weren't surprised at all.

We do have some pretty good talent, it's just a matter of putting it all together. Hopefully we'll get some good players in the next couple of years to fill it all in. A lot of people think we suck now, but we are still a good team in a tough conference.

:smokin

I wouldn't call the conference to tough this year. Average at best this year. The south is pretty salty but north is terrible.

We do have some pretty good talent, it's just a matter of putting it all together.  Hopefully we'll get some good players in the next couple of years to fill it all in.  A lot of people think we suck now, but we are still a good team in a tough conference.

I wouldn't call the conference to tough this year. Average at best this year. The south is pretty salty but north is terrible.

Agreed, The North is getting trampled by the South this year, in general.

We do have some pretty good talent, it's just a matter of putting it all together.  Hopefully we'll get some good players in the next couple of years to fill it all in.  A lot of people think we suck now, but we are still a good team in a tough conference.

I'm not saying that we're going to be national champs this year or that the Big 12 is going to crush everyone in their way, I'm just saying that the Big 12 generally has quite a few good teams every year and that just because we have a not-so-good season this year doesn't mean that we're going to be Baylor's JV squad next year.

I'm not saying that we're going to be national champs this year or that the Big 12 is going to crush everyone in their way, I'm just saying that the Big 12 generally has quite a few good teams every year and that just because we have a not-so-good season this year doesn't mean that we're going to be Baylor's JV squad next year.

lol. I know what you are sayin. :horns2

You guys might say that the Big 12 is down, but I think it is that the Big 12 has different teams stepping up and playing better. The South is obviously better than the north but it is the second tier teams in the south that is making it obviously better. A&M is playing great after their loss to Utah, Okie State has played very well even though they did lose this weekend and Tech is an offensive jugernaut that could play with any one in the nation let alone the conference. As for the conference as a whole, we have nine teams with a .500 record or above. Four of those teams reside in the north. The South has the two best teams in the conference in Oklahoma and Texas but I think it is the second-tier teams that make this a really good conference.

You guys might say that the Big 12 is down, but I think it is that the Big 12 has different teams stepping up and playing better. The South is obviously better than the north but it is the second tier teams in the south that is making it obviously better. A&M is playing great after their loss to Utah, Okie State has played very well even though they did lose this weekend and Tech is an offensive jugernaut that could play with any one in the nation let alone the conference. As for the conference as a whole, we have nine teams with a .500 record or above. Four of those teams reside in the north. The South has the two best teams in the conference in Oklahoma and Texas but I think it is the second-tier teams that make this a really good conference.

I'll drink to that! Good point :waste

I'll drink to that! Good point :waste

It's just the fact that compared to most years we have 3 in the top 25 which isn't very good compared to most years where it is atleast 5 that crack the top 25.