Defensive end positions

I believe base end is positioned away from the tight end. open end goes to TE side....I think, could be wrong, could be very wrong

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. The base end is usually bigger and generally lines up on the same side as the opposing TE (Carriker last year, possibly Potter this fall). The open end is the speedier one (Moore last year, Turner this fall). There's lots more to it than that, but you get the general idea.

What RedDenver said, I always played base end in high school (assuming that my high school coach used the same terminology) and I would line up on the strong side (side with tight end). Granted, it was 8 man football and the other "end" was actually more of a backer, but I think it worked the same.

What RedDenver said, I always played base end in high school (assuming that my high school coach used the same terminology) and I would line up on the strong side (side with tight end). Granted, it was 8 man football and the other "end" was actually more of a backer, but I think it worked the same.

Ya thats basicly it. Thats why I love the shifting we do, it f**ks up the other teams assignments, and personel placement.