Ross v. Jackson at RB

Have you seen Jackson? He is built and runs like a Lawrence Phillips. He is an outstanding talent and the back of the future. I realize he may not be quite as gifted as the freshman from Oklahoma, but in my opinion he's not far behind. As the season progresses, I believe we will see more and more of Jackson and less of Ross. Jackson is a stud, and he makes things happen when he gets the ball. I believe Callahan is gradually working him into the offense as he is just a true freshman.

If we get one or two more backs like him, I'm still wondering why we are so dedicated to throwing 40 or more passes a game. Ross is a talent, but I don't think his talent will even compare to Jackson's by next year. Jackson is built and runs like backs we had back in the "glory" years of the 90's.

Have you seen Jackson? He is built and runs like a Lawrence Phillips. He is an outstanding talent and the back of the future. I realize he may not be quite as gifted as the freshman from Oklahoma, but in my opinion he's not far behind. As the season progresses, I believe we will see more and more of Jackson and less of Ross. Jackson is a stud, and he makes things happen when he gets the ball. I believe Callahan is gradually working him into the offense as he is just a true freshman.

If we get one or two more backs like him, I'm still wondering why we are so dedicated to throwing 40 or more passes a game. Ross is a talent, but I don't think his talent will even compare to Jackson's by next year. Jackson is built and runs like backs we had back in the "glory" years of the 90's.

jackson is good but he is no lawrence phillips imo. Ross shouldn't come out of the game imo, if so very rarely.

Have you seen Jackson?  He is built and runs like a Lawrence Phillips.  He is an outstanding talent and the back of the future.  I realize he may not be quite as gifted as the freshman from Oklahoma, but in my opinion he's not far behind.  As the season progresses, I believe we will see more and more of Jackson and less of Ross.  Jackson is a stud, and he makes things happen when he gets the ball.  I believe Callahan is gradually working him into the offense as he is just a true freshman.

If we get one or two more backs like him, I'm still wondering why we are so dedicated to throwing 40 or more passes a game.  Ross is a talent, but I don't think his talent will even compare to Jackson's by next year.  Jackson is built and runs like backs we had back in the "glory" years of the 90's.

jackson is good but he is no lawrence phillips imo. Ross shouldn't come out of the game imo, if so very rarely.

They are both good backs, and I think that we should use both of them in the game. Ross is great for hiding behind the lineman and then bursting through the hole, and Jackson is great on the power running when he just hits the seem and goes. They are both very talented and both deserve to be on the field. It would be great to see them get on the field together for a few plays a game.

Have you seen Jackson?  He is built and runs like a Lawrence Phillips.  He is an outstanding talent and the back of the future.  I realize he may not be quite as gifted as the freshman from Oklahoma, but in my opinion he's not far behind.  As the season progresses, I believe we will see more and more of Jackson and less of Ross.  Jackson is a stud, and he makes things happen when he gets the ball.  I believe Callahan is gradually working him into the offense as he is just a true freshman.

If we get one or two more backs like him, I'm still wondering why we are so dedicated to throwing 40 or more passes a game.  Ross is a talent, but I don't think his talent will even compare to Jackson's by next year.  Jackson is built and runs like backs we had back in the "glory" years of the 90's.

They are both good backs, and I think that we should use both of them in the game. Ross is great for hiding behind the lineman and then bursting through the hole, and Jackson is great on the power running when he just hits the seem and goes. They are both very talented and both deserve to be on the field. It would be great to see them get on the field together for a few plays a game.

Sorry, I guess I haven't seen jackson do good yet. He did good against western illinois and baylor but does that say much? Do agaisnt kstate and we got something. He just looks like a frosh to me. One that we should have redshirted.

He hasn't really played in any other games. He got four yards a carry against Kansas and then ran pretty tough on the last series against Tech and that was the only action that he has seen. When he actually gets carries then he produces.

Sorry he's just not there as far as i'm concerned. he's ok but he's not not better than green or horne. He could have easily redshirted. Green averages 7 yards a carry and don't hardly play.

He hasn't really played in any other games. He got four yards a carry against Kansas and then ran pretty tough on the last series against Tech and that was the only action that he has seen. When he actually gets carries then he produces.

Sorry he's just not there as far as i'm concerned. he's ok but he's not not better than green or horne. He could have easily redshirted. Green averages 7 yards a carry and don't hardly play.

The only play that he actually does good on is the toss sweep to the strong side. Any other play that he runs is usually a one or two yard carry. If he shows me he can excel in other plays then I am all for playing him more but until then, he sits behind Ross and Jackson.

The only play that he actually does good on is the toss sweep to the strong side. Any other play that he runs is usually a one or two yard carry. If he shows me he can excel in other plays then I am all for playing him more but until then, he sits behind Ross and Jackson.

He averages over 7 yards a carry. He never gets to play anymore so you dont know what he can do right gamecocks? All I see jackson do is a dive up the middle, its the same thing.

he's ok but he's not not better than green or horne. He could have easily redshirted. Green averages 7 yards a carry and don't hardly play.

You crazy. He could run circles around Horne.

I am not all for redshirting players as some coaches are. They came to play football. If they have something to contribute NOW then they should contribute it. Not put them on the shelf in the hopes that when you take them off the shelf they are ready to go. Game time is the ultimate preparation IMO. Besides, it's not like they stopped producing football players. :)

He averages over 7 yards a carry. He never gets to play anymore so you dont know what he can do right gamecocks? All I see jackson do is a dive up the middle, its the same thing.

Jackson has went outside and inside and has done well with both kinds of plays out of a variety of formations and sets. Green has one play out of one set and one formation. I would much rather see Jackson out there so the defense doesn't know what is coming rather than seeing Green and have the defense know what the exact play is going to be.

Jackson has went outside and inside and has done well with both kinds of plays out of a variety of formations and sets. Green has one play out of one set and one formation. I would much rather see Jackson out there so the defense doesn't know what is coming rather than seeing Green and have the defense know what the exact play is going to be.

I just went back and looked at the play by play of baylor game and 99% of the time jackson ran it right up the middle or over the guards which is basically right up the middle.

benard is right.....i don't see why we wasted jackson's redshirt when we had capable backups (aka Green and Horne) for Ross. with that said, now that his redshirt is already burnt, i'd like to see him get touches, but mainly when ross needs a rest. it would be damn nice to see some sets with both of them in though, huh?

benard is right.....i don't see why we wasted jackson's redshirt when we had capable backups (aka Green and Horne) for Ross. with that said, now that his redshirt is already burnt, i'd like to see him get touches, but mainly when ross needs a rest. it would be damn nice to see some sets with both of them in though, huh?

Remember Callahan came down from the pros. He was use to seeing pro type players and Jackson best resembled the pro back and had the same ability that the pro backs had. Callahn knows what he wants on certain plays (I think) and he probally thinks Jackson is the best to acheive them.