Nebraska's injuries over the past few years.

Will there be a point where we are going to have to stop and take a look at our training department?? Maybe somebody is not doing a good enough job of keeping these players healthy?? Maybe not teaching and enforcing proper stretches. I don't remember having this many injuries in the past.

I'm fairly certain that at the end of each season one of the things that's examined is the training.

What we're seeing at NU is no different than what happens at any other school. I'm currently living in (ugh) Arkansas, and their injury report daily looks a lot like NU's - and that's even with Nutt cutting back on two-a-days this year to avoid injury. Their only star receiver - Marcus Monk - injured his knee last week and is out for 6 weeks. Their starting left guard, I believe, is out, as are a couple of starting defensive lineman.

It's like that all over - the main paper in Arkansas reports injuries for all SEC schools, and it's like that for just about all of them. We just tend to focus on NU - but it happens everywhere.

naw, it is just a more athletic game now, faster, bigger guys flying around on the field, not much we can do to prevent these things.

I'd have to agree...I really think NU is doing everything they can to get guys stretched out and conditioned for the most part...the facilities are definitely there...hits and collisions are just going to happen and create injuries, unfortunately. Every team is in the same boat.

I'm not talking about injuries sustained from hitting and collisions, or even the turf grabbing Isaiah Fluellen's leg and tearing his ACL on that one play. But all the nagging injuries like the half a dozen pulled hamstrings, sprained ankles etc.

I'm not talking about injuries sustained from hitting and collisions, or even the turf grabbing Isaiah Fluellen's leg and tearing his ACL on that one play.

What ever happened to him?? I forgot all about him

He graduated, or ran out of eligibility. Or both. I can't remember.

I'm not talking about injuries sustained from hitting and collisions, or even the turf grabbing Isaiah Fluellen's leg and tearing his ACL on that one play.

What ever happened to him?? I forgot all about him

He graduated, or ran out of eligibility. Or both. I can't remember.

When he was playing, it seemed like he was never going to run out of eligibility.

It is just the nature of football. It's violent. Hell, the Giants had 4 players injured in one preseason game.

I would worry if alot of people had the same type of injury, but what we have is alot of different ones, many of which are issues of flukes. Like legs getting tangled during drills.

To me the injuries aren't the problem it's the rehab side of things. Its probably the same at all schools but here it just seems if a guy gets hurt he never seems to get over that injury. It either nags him or he totally injures it again.

Other than Glenn who has had that problem?

Octavian.

Octavian had the injury "bug" before he got to Nebraska. I suppose OU should look at their training program too, seeing as Adrian Peterson had injuries pretty much his entire soph/junior seasons. What about Texas? Their top 2 receivers have both went down with injuries this spring. This is not something that happens only in Lincoln. Glenn's injury, by all accounts, is the kind of injury that just lingers and may never go away. I've heard people say they injured their ankle in high school and still wake up with pain in their 30's and 40's. Injuries happen, it's an unfortunate part of all sports, especially football, but we shouldn't get our panties in a wad and think it's only happening to us. It just seems that way because we follow our own team much more than other teams.

What I find even more amazing then the injuries we have sustained, is the big one we never really did, Zac Taylor. Outside of the last part of the KSU game in 2005, Zac didn't miss a snap. All this while being hit on nearly EVERY play. We would have been completely screwed if he would have went down, but he didn't, injuries are funny that way.

To me the injuries aren't the problem it's the rehab side of things. Its probably the same at all schools but here it just seems if a guy gets hurt he never seems to get over that injury. It either nags him or he totally injures it again.

Other than Glenn who has had that problem?

Who?? well I can't remember every player that has gotten hurt for the last 3/4 years but it has been something that I started to notice back in 02 or 03 when that big turn over in the strength and conditioning circle, not when Epley left it was when Franky was still here and the team went like a full year without a dedicated strength coach and they lost a slug of trainers.

Will see what happens this year