KSU game, 1:10 PM - Live Stats & Radio links

good start callahan. down 7-0. Come out flat.

Yea, cause he is out running the offense.

I see you haven't commented on the GOOD plays that have kept us in this game so far...funny isn't it....

down by 10 at half to a 2 win team and I'm suppose to look at the positives?

Ah yea!! So you have to be leading in a game to do anything right? sh#t, we might as well be down by 50 they way you talk. You have to take the good with the bad to truly evaluate how the team is playing.

The difference in the game right now is the defense. The offense has had two drives that didn't go anywhere.

The players aren't making the plays. That's what it comes down to now. You can ride that coaching bandwagon to the bottom of the missouri for all I care.

Really? Is that why our secondary sucks all of the sudden? It would seem to me that the only thing different about our secondary is the loss of Pat Ricketts, the all-american corner(sarcasm). But once we switch secondary coaches, bam...they all just suck. Wonder why that might be?

personally I like callahan, i think he's a good coach. But I'm not sure he made the best choices with his defensive coaches.

Ya know, I'm sure glad we got that f**k from Wisconsin to be our defensive coordinator.  :steam

The players aren't making the plays. That's what it comes down to now. You can ride that coaching bandwagon to the bottom of the missouri for all I care.

They aren't making plays because the coaches don't get them fired up and because they practice half pads and don't even work on tackling.

good start callahan. down 7-0. Come out flat.

Yea, cause he is out running the offense.

I see you haven't commented on the GOOD plays that have kept us in this game so far...funny isn't it....

down by 10 at half to a 2 win team and I'm suppose to look at the positives?

Ah yea!! So you have to be leading in a game to do anything right? sh#t, we might as well be down by 50 they way you talk. You have to take the good with the bad to truly evaluate how the team is playing.

The difference in the game right now is the defense. The offense has had two drives that didn't go anywhere.

We've had 2 long plays on offense and that has been it,you can look at it that way to.

Really? Is that why our secondary sucks all of the sudden? It would seem to me that the only thing different about our secondary is the loss of Pat Ricketts, the all-american corner(sarcasm). But once we switch secondary coaches, bam...they all just suck. Wonder why that might be?

Switching coaches isn't as simple as just flipping a switch. You can't say "This guy sucks because the same guys were better last year" because that doesn't take into account all the variables in changing coaches and changing to a different defensive scheme. If we really had a good secondary, it woudn't really matter who was the coach, they could make the plays anyway.

We've had 2 long plays on offense and that has been it,you can look at it that way to.

Those two plays are have us in the game right now, that's all there is to it. That was my point.

We need to come out with more of that and more offense in general if we are going to win this. The defense needs to pressure this QB as well. Like Eric said, he seems to get flustered easily when we start showing blitz or changing coverages. The defense also needs to cut out the stupid penalties.

Switching coaches isn't as simple as just flipping a switch. You can't say "This guy sucks because the same guys were better last year" because that doesn't take into account all the variables in changing coaches and changing to a different defensive scheme. If we really had a good secondary, it woudn't really matter who was the coach, they could make the plays anyway.

Ok...but did we not have a new secondary coach last year? If so, they seemed to adjust just fine then, therefore it wouldn't be the fact that our secondary sucked. Either that or last year's secondary coach was just that good and we shouldn't have fired him. right?

Nebraska 21

Kansas State 45

Oct. 23, 2004 — 1:10 p.m. CDT, no TV

Manhattan, Kan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resize stats

1 2 3 4 - Final

Nebraska 7 7 7 0 - 21

Kansas State 14 10 14 7 - 45

1st quarter

KSU - Webb 13 run (Rheem kick) 11:29

KSU - Webb 8 run (Rheem kick) 4:00

NEB - Jackson 20 run (DeAngelis kick) 3:00

2nd quarter

KSU - Sproles 1 run (Rheem kick) 12:12

NEB - Jackson 2 run (DeAngelis kick) 8:00

KSU - Rheem 40 field goal 00:06