A complete meltdown

Redout

We DO have one of the best secondaries in the country. I'm not going to accept that our secondary wasn't awesome last year. Yes we got torched by Kansas St. and we wore down late against Missouri, but other than that, they were solid. And who did we lose from that secondary to make it so much worse...Pat Rickets? The difference is last year they were flying all over the field, aggressive and hungry. This year Cosgrove has them sitting back on their heels and reacting.

No, I don't think Dailey is as good as Crouch, but Crouch is possibly the best we ever had. I think Dailey would have been more than adequate in the traditional system. HuskerBob made some great comments, though. It's the shift in the attitude of the program that is killing us. Ok, so we want to go West Coast and get the big talent so we can compete. The problem is, we have no heart now. The heart went out the window with all the tradition. As Bob said, look where that has gotten Texas.

HuskerBob made some great comments, though. It's the shift in the attitude of the program that is killing us. Ok, so we want to go West Coast and get the big talent so we can compete. The problem is, we have no heart now. The heart went out the window with all the tradition. As Bob said, look where that has gotten Texas.

I still don't buy the "no heart, no tradition" idea. So if you have a lot of big name talent you can't have heart and want to play the game? Listen to the players in press conferences, if you can. They don't talk like players who just don't give a sh#t anymore to me.

I will admit the "tradition" of having a dominating running game and not much else is all but gone. The "tradition" of having a team that can come out on a field and win a game on any give day may be down but I wouldn't count it out just yet. I still take pride in the teams past accomplishments. Every Husker fan should. What is happening on the field now doesn't take anything away from that. Nothing. I also look to the future in hopes that this will be the worst time for me as a Husker fan. Well worst time since I was a little DaveH and watched us lose big games every year. :) GBR.

Your forgetting that we were suppose to have one of the best secondaries in the country.

Just because you are supposed to doesn't make it true.

Since we did last year and have everyone back, you would think you would again this year but for some reason we don't. I dont' know why that could be.lol

Oh yeah Solich was 1-4 against Texas also. I guess that makes two Demons.:)

You know that '98 season was just ridiculous when it came to injuries. In 1999, Buckhalter fumbled twice on the goalline if I remember correctly, and we still only lost by 4. That's not the coaches fault. And then in 2002, Lord threw that horrible interception when we were assured Overtime at the very least. Again, not Solich's fault. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Oh yeah Solich was 1-4 against Texas also.  I guess that makes two Demons.:)

You know that '98 season was just ridiculous when it came to injuries. In 1999, Buckhalter fumbled twice on the goalline if I remember correctly, and we still only lost by 4. That's not the coaches fault. And then in 2002, Lord threw that horrible interception when we were assured Overtime at the very least. Again, not Solich's fault. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

1998 couldn't stop Ricky Williams, Coaches fault. 2002 recruiting Lord to play quarterback in the first palce, Coaches fault. If you use the not his fault if the qb throws a pick then why do people blame Coach Cal. for Daileys? None of this matters anyway bring on Iowa State.