Callahan takes responsibility

DaveH

I was just listening to the post game coaches show with Jim Rose and Callahan said he should have called different plays, along with other things. I am sure it will all be in the paper tomorrow, but I thought I would say something now!

I have never been much for pointing fingers, but hey, there are plenty of fans that are.

GBR.

I was just listening to the post game coaches show with Jim Rose and Callahan said he should have called different plays, along with other things. I am sure it will all be in the paper tomorrow, but I thought I would say something now!

GBR.

Any specifics???

As far as which plays, at what points?

Well fellow Huskers, you know what this means.... :waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste

GBR.

Any specifics???

As far as which plays, at what points?

Well fellow Huskers, you know what this means.... :waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste:waste

Not really. I was posting and trying to listen at the same time. He said they have to come up with different schemes, plays,etc, etc. I am guessing he is talking on both sides of the ball. DId anyone else listen to it? I am sure there will be more details in the OWH tomorrow. I am going to check out the press conference on huskers.com too.

He should of came out and said I have a quarterback who isn't any good and a bunch of sad LB's who can't tackle anyone. That probalbly been very pc though. Bring back Solich. :wacko:

Yea, I thought the players crapped the bed more than the coaches this game. They just couldn't do anything. Didn't matter what was called. Although Ross fought pretty hard.

He should of came out and said I have a quarterback who isn't any good and a bunch of sad LB's who can't tackle anyone.  That probalbly been very pc though.  Bring back Solich.

yah, cause that's how you *really* motivate a bunch of kids who are seeing tough times: by calling them a bunch of worthless losers who can't play his game of football.

maybe callahan could go the extra mile and say some bad things about daily's mother? and if joe's got dog, maybe he can kick it around a bit, too? that'll really get joe outta his funk.

look, i know losing is hard. for as long as i've lived, nebraska hasn't known a losing season. but dammit, things change and sometimes changes are hard.

do i want to see the huskers lose? no. but am i willing to give callahan and company a chance in hopes of seeing nebraska return to their position as rightful rulers of the big 12? oh, hell yah.

it's just gonna take time, people. keep the faith.

That was as tough a loss as I have had to listen to. We are not that good and we will be lucky to earn a bowl spot. That said, I am willing to give calahan the time he needs to turn this PROUD NATION back into the CHAMPIONS that we can be.

As HUSKER fans, we can remain the best in football and support our team because not one of us wants to win more than they do.

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

That was as tough a loss as I have had to listen to. We are not that good and we will be lucky to earn a bowl spot. That said, I am willing to give calahan the time he needs to turn this PROUD NATION back into the CHAMPIONS that we can be.

As HUSKER fans, we can remain the best in football and support our team because not one of us wants to win more than they do.

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

good first post. I share your attitude. welcome to the board.

I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way but I honestly feel that this loss will be the one to light a fire under this teams butt. I truely think that as much as the huskers wanted to come to Manhattan and pull out a win, and then seemingly just falling apart at all the wrong times,and making to many mistakes to get back in it. They should look at the tapes and then they will see that a few breaks the other way and this is a totally different ballgame. In my mind I just have a feeling that they will see how much emotion was missing in the second half of this game and that will sort of stoke the fires aswell. My gut tells me that Neb. is gonna come out a totally diff. team next week and put an old fashioned azz whoopin on the Tigers. BUT if this team goes the other way from here on out could get very ugly!! Like I said though I really don't see it going that way, to much pride and to much tradition to give up now.

Just my 2 cents, good luck next week I'll be rooting for ya to crush the Tigers, and we'll see a much better game next year between two top 15 teams in Lincoln!!!!!!!!

I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way but I honestly feel that this loss will be the one to light a fire under this teams butt. I truely think that as much as the huskers wanted to come to Manhattan and pull out a win, and then seemingly just falling apart at all the wrong times,and making to many mistakes to get back in it. They should look at the tapes and then they will see that a few breaks the other way and this is a totally different ballgame. In my mind I just have a feeling that they will see how much emotion was missing in the second half of this game and that will sort of stoke the fires aswell. My gut tells me that Neb. is gonna come out a totally diff. team next week and put an old fashioned azz whoopin on the Tigers. BUT if this team goes the other way from here on out could get very ugly!! Like I said though I really don't see it going that way, to much pride and to much tradition to give up now.

Just my 2 cents, good luck next week I'll be rooting for ya to crush the Tigers, and we'll see a much better game next year between two top 15 teams in Lincoln!!!!!!!!

Again another fan citing a lack of fire, emotion and a will to win as a down fall. I understand what your saying Wildcat fan, but this has been a recurring theme the whole season. This make or break game I thought was the KST game.

Out of alll this, the Huskers are still in the hunt for the Big 12 North title. Just about every North team lost to the South today.

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

Good attitude. Welcome to the board!

He should of came out and said I have a quarterback who isn't any good and a bunch of sad LB's who can't tackle anyone.  That probalbly been very pc though.  Bring back Solich. :wacko:

Yea, I thought the players crapped the bed more than the coaches this game. They just couldn't do anything. Didn't matter what was called. Although Ross fought pretty hard.

lol ya it was the players. I still say We haven't played a team with more talent yet than us. We would be 7-0 with solich or bo at the helm.

He should of came out and said I have a quarterback who isn't any good and a bunch of sad LB's who can't tackle anyone.  That probalbly been very pc though.  Bring back Solich. :wacko:

lol ya it was the players. I still say We haven't played a team with more talent yet than us. We would be 7-0 with solich or bo at the helm.

That's great, but unprovable and irrelevant as usual.

That's great, but unprovable and irrelevant as usual.

unproven but any smart fan that knows football would be able to tell you this.