My Take on Today's Woodshed Victory

Husker_x

I don't know how many other games you guys watched, but nobody else has a kicker putting them consistently into the end zone....As this season wears on, Adi is going to be a huge asset to this squad....and I can not wait until October 27th, the radio wants the whole staff fired and they are finally realizing the harsh reality that Colt McCoy is Colt McCoy, should have had 5 picks!!!!!

WOW, did I mention how amazing 6 touchbacks is....IN ONE GAME!!!!

And Super Steve Octavien, PLEASE STAY HEALTHY!!!!

Not to be a jerk or anything, but KU will beat Nebraska this year. See you in Lawrence!

KU 52 CMU 7 What son!@!!!!! :box

You're right! I played Central Michigan in foosball over the summer, and damn they smoked me! Hopefully Nebraska can forfeit the Lawrence game based on this, they are overbearing with their wrist-action...and if KU is even better with their wrist-action...well...KU must love themselves.

I'm trying to be a 'jerk' or anything, but you already have that down. Congrats.

Great analysis...Keller looked a tad gunshy to begin with but as the game progressed he really started putting them in there. For the first time in Luckys career I have seem him really go out there and attack, nothing more can be said other then it looks like its gonna be his year. Glenn has been battling that pesky hamstring for about a year(keep in mind, hamstrings take FOREVER to heal) and you could tell that every cut and hit he took he seemed to be favoring that hami. Don't mistake his lack of effort for a bad attitude, I believe he is just not only frustrated that he cannot give 100%, but also a little weary of further injuring that very succeptable hami. Glenn is a VERY important part of our offense right now, we need to continue to build up his confindence and keep him healthy. Just remember last year how we went from 4 deep at the rb position down to only 2 in a matter of weeks. You can never have too many running backs in my opinion.

GO BIG RED!!! :bonez:bonez

Hey guys, what a game, huh? Best offensive production of the Callahan era. Let's just hope it carries into next week, then we'll have a tremendous reason to raise a lot of eyebrows.

1) Keller: Good game, got into his groove. I think the game strategy was not geared to highlight him, though, so we can't really consider this a test of his leadership and playmaking abilities. Yes, bad luck with that INT, but that's all it was. He still had a good game, was productive, and you can't blame drops on the QB.

2) Lucky: What more can I say? The boy has become a man. If he keeps this up, he'll be a legend at Nebraska. I was so proud and impressed with his performance, his power, and his attitude. He just didn't quit.

3) Castille: Excellent, would have liked to see more of him. He will be a staple of our program in the future, I imagine. He and Lucky will have stellar seasons if the Oline keeps making games like these possible.

4) Glenn: Now here was a kid who disappointed me. Looking at his eyes I saw an attitude problem, a chip on the shoulder, but not in a good way. He didn't run with any heart, and was shown up by everyone who touched the ball. He had a couple good runs, but he was overshadowed.

5) 3rd Quarter blues: Officially snapped. We scored about half as many points in this third quarter as we did all season last year. That's something to celebrate. The execution on both sides of the ball and at virtually all skill positions were incredible.

6) Adimatic: What needs to be said about the kicking game? Holy sh#t. That is all.

General: I loved the game plan. I love the rushing philosophy. Yes, it doesn't do much for Keller winning the Heisman trophy, but hell, we just steamrolled a pretty good defense, and we did it on the ground. The delay of games, as Callahan said, were not so much Keller as it was the nature of the plays themselves. Callahan adjusted, they went away––can't ask for more than that. The lack of fumbles practically has me in tears I'm so happy. So overall I have no great complaints about the game. I hope Tye is okay and will be back soon. I was hoping for a few more sacks, but you take what you can get. The Blackshirts didn't allow a touchdown, and that should be celebrated. Very good showing in our secondary.

Well, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I'm forgetting, but that's my overall take. Oh,

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

See you next week Wake. :nutz

Great analysis. I agree with mostly everything, but the pick thrown by Keller was just a bad throw by him. It should've been picked the first time a Nevada guy got his hands on it. Other than that mistake, good opening game for Keller and LUCKY AND CASTILLE ARE BEASTLY.

Tipped balls are always the QB's fault. :rolleyes:

Except the ball was tipped by a Nevada player whom should have caught it in the first place. It was a bad throw. Keller didn't impress me, but got the job done. First game. That pass down the middle of the field to, i can't remember who, was behind, but it got us a pass interference penalty. A spot on throw in stride and it was 6.

Hey guys, what a game, huh? Best offensive production of the Callahan era. Let's just hope it carries into next week, then we'll have a tremendous reason to raise a lot of eyebrows.

1) Keller: Good game, got into his groove. I think the game strategy was not geared to highlight him, though, so we can't really consider this a test of his leadership and playmaking abilities. Yes, bad luck with that INT, but that's all it was. He still had a good game, was productive, and you can't blame drops on the QB.

2) Lucky: What more can I say? The boy has become a man. If he keeps this up, he'll be a legend at Nebraska. I was so proud and impressed with his performance, his power, and his attitude. He just didn't quit.

3) Castille: Excellent, would have liked to see more of him. He will be a staple of our program in the future, I imagine. He and Lucky will have stellar seasons if the Oline keeps making games like these possible.

4) Glenn: Now here was a kid who disappointed me. Looking at his eyes I saw an attitude problem, a chip on the shoulder, but not in a good way. He didn't run with any heart, and was shown up by everyone who touched the ball. He had a couple good runs, but he was overshadowed.

5) 3rd Quarter blues: Officially snapped. We scored about half as many points in this third quarter as we did all season last year. That's something to celebrate. The execution on both sides of the ball and at virtually all skill positions were incredible.

6) Adimatic: What needs to be said about the kicking game? Holy sh#t. That is all.

General: I loved the game plan. I love the rushing philosophy. Yes, it doesn't do much for Keller winning the Heisman trophy, but hell, we just steamrolled a pretty good defense, and we did it on the ground. The delay of games, as Callahan said, were not so much Keller as it was the nature of the plays themselves. Callahan adjusted, they went away––can't ask for more than that. The lack of fumbles practically has me in tears I'm so happy. So overall I have no great complaints about the game. I hope Tye is okay and will be back soon. I was hoping for a few more sacks, but you take what you can get. The Blackshirts didn't allow a touchdown, and that should be celebrated. Very good showing in our secondary.

Well, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I'm forgetting, but that's my overall take. Oh,

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

See you next week Wake. :nutz

Great analysis. I agree with mostly everything, but the pick thrown by Keller was just a bad throw by him. It should've been picked the first time a Nevada guy got his hands on it. Other than that mistake, good opening game for Keller and LUCKY AND CASTILLE ARE BEASTLY.

Tipped balls are always the QB's fault. :rolleyes:

Except the ball was tipped by a Nevada player whom should have caught it in the first place. It was a bad throw. Keller didn't impress me, but got the job done. First game. That pass down the middle of the field to, i can't remember who, was behind, but it got us a pass interference penalty. A spot on throw in stride and it was 6.

Ok, I stand corrected...quit passing, Keller...just hand the ball off...Husker fans KNOW we can win it all by running it nonstop, since that is what the offense is all about now.