Next Week vs Wake...

IMO BC will do whatever he thinks will work. I doubt anything is held in reserve, just not used if not needed. If BC sees he can run it downhill all day long that's what we'll see. If the run is being stymied he'll try to loosen up the D by using quick timed passes in the horizontal lanes (traditional philosophy of the WCO). What we'll see depends solely on the game plan and how the game unfolds in real time.

Agreed. The converse of the "don't reveal the playbook argument" is that the more you open it up, the more SC has to prepare. Further, with a new starter at quarterback we need to get him some game reps in this offense to get the timing down. I think we'll start with the run, but that we'll see a higher number of passes against Wake.

I agree with that fundamentally. Yes, the passing game will be featured more for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that Boston College torched them Saturday. All I'm saying is that I believe Callahan is going to play this one close to the vest––far enough a way that Keller can develop––but I don't think it would be wise to unload everything we have when the biggest game of the season is the week after. As for the counter argument, I don't think it's very sound. We don't WANT them to prepare for our offense. We want them to be befuddled, confused, rattled, unsure about the schemes. If those idiots come up to the line expecting to be pounded and we burn them deep, the strategy pays off bountifully. The wait will be worth it. SC is a solid defense, but the psychological pressure of playing in Memorial alongside a slew of new formations that they have to try to reactively match could bring us a crushing victory if it works and works well.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

P.S. Oh, and if it turn out our O-line is so beastly that they can open up monster holes against SC, I wouldn't complain if we went old school and beat them in 3 and a cloud, either. :woo

Wake rushed for a total of 2 yards and they gave up over 400 yards through the air!!! They don't appear to be a strong as they were last year, but it is only one game. I would think a win would be likely if we have over 400 yds in the air and hold them under 10 yards rushing. :nutz

Wake was really one dimensional. I don't think they can do that against the Huskers without getting killed.

Nor can the Huskers do it against Wake Forest--i.e. be one demensional.

Against Wake...

1) No mental mistakes

2) Hang onto the ball

3) I agree with others that passes may be limited, so when the ball is thrown to you, catch the f'ing thing!!!

4) Keller needs to develop a nice gametime chemistry with Purify. Look for NU to establish this.

5) Play Wake Forest, do not play USC in your minds

6) Playing 'not to lose' is a huge difference from playing 'close to the vest'

7) Wake Forest is not Nevada

8) YOU ARE NOT PLAYING USC THIS WEEK!

9) See '1', '5', and '8'