Mistackles

What a joke.

I thought this was a very good art from Shatel, and think he made alotta very interesting points.

NU Defensive Coordinator Kevin Cosgrove had his players in position to make plays. But time and again, they couldn't make a one-on-one tackle.

Don't they practice this stuff? Absolutely. What you can't practice is attitude and trust and motivation. Blocking and tackling are fundamentals that work best with attitude and desire.

Shatel

They practice tackling in full pads very rarely. I heard most of the practices were half pads. Well its hard to get a feel for takling if that's the case. I agree that some of it is motivation but I think half of it is not enough practice and the practices being to much like a pro practice.

Also, how did we go from just a couple games ago bill calling our defensive performance WOW! to this? I think some of it had to do with we hadn't played a decent offense and some had to do with injuries to bullocks and fab and some had to do with lack of tackling drills and lack of motivation.

They practice tackling in full pads very rarely. I heard most of the practices were half pads. Well its hard to get a feel for takling if that's the case. I agree that some of it is motivation but I think half of it is not enough practice and the practices being to much like a pro practice.

I agree, I think that we need to have live hitting drills two times a week at least so that they get the game atmosphere while they are practicing. Most coaches say that teams play like they practice and if that is the case, then maybe we need more intensity in practice.

We missed 33 tackles last weekend against K-State that resulted in around 220 yards more of offense for K-State. That is pathetic. I can't believe that we went from a top 12 defense in the nation last year to a this. What in the hell happened to our once proud blackshirts.

That comes out to about one missed tackle every other play.

Shouldn't these all ready know how to tackle. They have probably been playing football most of their life and how to tackle is something you learn in the seventh grade. I think it has to do with heart and desire. I also think it has to do with the fact that some of them just aren't very good.

sure they know how to tackle but just like anything else if you don't practice it your not going to be as sharp at it as you would be otherwise. If your technique or approach is off just alil bit it can throw you off against a good runner like sproles.