Some national respect

This is from Collegefootballnews.com

Ten interesting tidbits, players and teams from week one that bear watching over the next few weeks.

10. Nebraska RB Marlon Lucky

The star recruit of a few years ago ripped through a not-that-bad Nevada defense for 233 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries. Currently the nation’s leading rusher, if Lucky can be a workhorse for the attack, Nebraska, with its potential in the passing game, will be unstoppable. That's why if the Huskers can get by Wake Forest, it’s important to take a good, hard look at at the September 15th date against …

9. USC

Be very, very careful before you just hand the Trojans the national title. If the team that snoozed its way through the 38-10 win over Idaho shows up two weeks from now in Lincoln, it’s not only going to lose, it’s going to get flattened. Call it a sixth sense, women’s intuition, or the burrito I just ate, but I’m starting to think this is a potentially special Husker team, and I didn't see “it” in USC. Against the Vandals, that looked like a team that’s spent a few months reading about how good it is, and now it has two weeks off. That's not a positive.

This is from Collegefootballnews.com

Ten interesting tidbits, players and teams from week one that bear watching over the next few weeks.

10. Nebraska RB Marlon Lucky

The star recruit of a few years ago ripped through a not-that-bad Nevada defense for 233 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries. Currently the nation’s leading rusher, if Lucky can be a workhorse for the attack, Nebraska, with its potential in the passing game, will be unstoppable. That's why if the Huskers can get by Wake Forest, it’s important to take a good, hard look at at the September 15th date against …

9. USC

Be very, very careful before you just hand the Trojans the national title. If the team that snoozed its way through the 38-10 win over Idaho shows up two weeks from now in Lincoln, it’s not only going to lose, it’s going to get flattened. Call it a sixth sense, women’s intuition, or the burrito I just ate, but I’m starting to think this is a potentially special Husker team, and I didn't see “it” in USC. Against the Vandals, that looked like a team that’s spent a few months reading about how good it is, and now it has two weeks off. That's not a positive.

:yeah

Good points for sure. USC set up an off week for some reason. I think they are taking a hard look at this game, and I bet they started looking at this game right after last season ended.

GBR!!! :bonez

I've been saying it for months. A powerful team is first destroyed from within. Mark May's headlines, though I hate the bastard, do more good than harm for us. Let them believe their own fantasy season. Let them think that they can name their score against us. When they step into Lincoln, it's going to be a war, a blitzkrieg. 85,000 fans are going to scream themselves to death just to interrupt the most basic audible. USC is going to be beat this season, it is only a matter of time.

And I look forward to watching it.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez

I've been saying it for months. A powerful team is first destroyed from within. Mark May's headlines, though I hate the bastard, do more good than harm for us. Let them believe their own fantasy season. Let them think that they can name their score against us. When they step into Lincoln, it's going to be a war, a blitzkrieg. 85,000 fans are going to scream themselves to death just to interrupt the most basic audible. USC is going to be beat this season, it is only a matter of time.

Overinflated egos, all that noise from crazy fans, and a night game.......................oh hell ya! The whoopin' is comin'.

A lot of their players were caught over the summer masturbating to their own pictures :corndance

I don't always agree with all your posts, but damn, I love your enthusiasm Husker x!!!!!