Blackshirts be gone!!!

Redout

You've proving my point. Even in the national championship years, name defensive players that would have started on a top ten team. We've never had overwhelming talent, especially on defense...Never! It was always the sytem, game plan, emotion, intensity, that got the most out of the players.

And by the way, Utah is a joke. I live here and I can't wait for them to lose.

You've proving my point. Even in the national championship years, name defensive players that would have started on a top ten team. We've never had overwhelming talent, especially on defense...Never! It was always the sytem, game plan, emotion, intensity, that got the most out of the players.

Are you kidding me, Utah is what college football needs. They have a great young up and coming coach, a high light reel quarterback, and a system that fits its players. I think everyone should be rooting for them to go undefeated and make a BCS bowl game so that we can get a playoff system put in place.

Utah will lose at least one game this year, probably two. They're a good team, but have you watched any of their games? I went to school at BYU, so I'm a Mountain West Conference fan, but I'm the first to admit that football in the MWC vs. the Big12 or SEC or ACC is totally different. If you want to see this talent gap I keep hearing about, watch a Mountain West Conference game. Yes, they can compete with the big schools because of their system, but they would not be undefeated if they had to play an ACC schedule.

As far as a playoff goes, I could argue all day as to why that's a bad idea, but I guess this isn't the place for that.

I hate to tell you this but Utah does not have to play anyone from the ACC, or Big 12, or SEC for the rest of the season. I never said that they had the talent to compete with the elite teams from the BCS conferences. As far as playoffs go, every other division in every other sport has them and it turns out quite nicely so that can name a true championship. If you want to get into the money aspect of it then bring it on because i can argue that all day too. I do not believe that Utah will be beat this year. They have San Diego State this weekend which is a poor poor football team, followed by Colorado State at home, then at wyoming, then their biggest game of the year BYU which is at home. Everything is set up for them to finish undefeated and they have a coach that will get the best out of each and everyone of their players.

Instead of saying we've never had talent, I'd say we've always had talent and still do. The difference is it's always alil different talent then everyone else. Atleast it use to be. Now that we got west coast it will be just like everyone else. We still have very good talent but I think the depth is alil down due to the old assistants getting old and lazy in their recruiting and that is why frank had to let them go regretfully.

I screwed up that last post. I was trying to quote newearthhusker and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm the new guy.

Anyway, I'd say better corners than Minter would be Craver and Groce. Contrary to popular belief I don't think Washington or McPherson are that bad either. The whole point is I don't think we have a bunch of inferior players. 2002-2003 might have been a low point in the cycle, but we were definitely getting better. I agree totally with what Benard said in his previous post.

Name a better corner then Williams besides maybe Ralph Brown or the Baron.

Tyrone is pretty good and was pretty good. We've had a ton of talent here and that is proven by all the people in the pros. I believe we lead the big 12 in guys in the pros. As far as corners at nebraska. I'd say ralphie,barron,keyeo,groce, and booker were all very good and probably better or just as good as williams. Booker was a first round draft pick.

I hate to tell you this but Utah does not have to play anyone from the ACC, or Big 12, or SEC for the rest of the season. I never said that they had the talent to compete with the elite teams from the BCS conferences. As far as playoffs go, every other division in every other sport has them and it turns out quite nicely so that can name a true championship. If you want to get into the money aspect of it then bring it on because i can argue that all day too. I do not believe that Utah will be beat this year. They have San Diego State this weekend which is a poor poor football team, followed by Colorado State at home, then at wyoming, then their biggest game of the year BYU which is at home. Everything is set up for them to finish undefeated and they have a coach that will get the best out of each and everyone of their players.

I know they don't have to play anyone really tough this year. But those of you outside the Mountain West don't know that Colorado State is a tough game, especially for Utah. They always have problems with them. Wyoming is a really hard place to play. And BYU is a rivalry game besides the fact that BYU is getting better every week and they have the toughest defense that Utah will face this year by far. Granted, I'm a BYU guy, but Utah will lose to at least BYU and maybe one more game. You heard it here first.

Now, Playoffs. I guess it depends on what you mean as a 'true championship'. If you mean the team that is hottest at the end of the year, then yes, college football should have a playoff like every other sport. I think that what makes college football great is that you have to win every game to be able to win the championship. There are some years like last year where 1 loss might get you in, but the fact remains that every game is so intense every week because the teams know if they lose they're most likely out of the title hunt. You don't have that in any other sport. I have no doubt that the '99 huskers were playing better than any other team in the country at the end of the year and would have beaten FSU or Virginia Tech. If there was a playoff system in place, they probably would have won. I just think they didn't deserve to play for the title because they blew it at texas. It was the 1999 national championship, not the november-december 1999 championship. It has nothing to do with money for me, just a difference in philosophy as what a championship should mean.

Wow, that was long...sorry.

I screwed up that last post. I was trying to quote newearthhusker and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm the new guy.

Anyway, I'd say better corners than Minter would be Craver and Groce. Contrary to popular belief I don't think Washington or McPherson are that bad either. The whole point is I don't think we have a bunch of inferior players. 2002-2003 might have been a low point in the cycle, but we were definitely getting better. I agree totally with what Benard said in his previous post.

OOps, I meant better than Williams. Man I'm off my game tonight.

I know they don't have to play anyone really tough this year. But those of you outside the Mountain West don't know that Colorado State is a tough game, especially for Utah. They always have problems with them. Wyoming is a really hard place to play. And BYU is a rivalry game besides the fact that BYU is getting better every week and they have the toughest defense that Utah will face this year by far. Granted, I'm a BYU guy, but Utah will lose to at least BYU and maybe one more game. You heard it here first.

Now, Playoffs. I guess it depends on what you mean as a 'true championship'. If you mean the team that is hottest at the end of the year, then yes, college football should have a playoff like every other sport. I think that what makes college football great is that you have to win every game to be able to win the championship. There are some years like last year where 1 loss might get you in, but the fact remains that every game is so intense every week because the teams know if they lose they're most likely out of the title hunt. You don't have that in any other sport. I have no doubt that the '99 huskers were playing better than any other team in the country at the end of the year and would have beaten FSU or Virginia Tech. If there was a playoff system in place, they probably would have won. I just think they didn't deserve to play for the title because they blew it at texas. It was the 1999 national championship, not the november-december 1999 championship. It has nothing to do with money for me, just a difference in philosophy as what a championship should mean.

Wow, that was long...sorry.

I would say that Texas A&M's defense is the best that they were going to play this year. Urban Meyer had a great game plan against them and tore them to shreads. He will do the same thing against Colorado State and BYU. Wyoming is not going to be much of a game because they don't have a good enough defense to stop Smith. As far as a true champion is concerned, I would much rather have one champion than have split titles we all we hear about in the off season in talk about who would have beat who. I would much rather watch USC and LSU play than have people talk during the off season. I would of rather seen Nebraska whoop up on Michigan rather than have us split the title. A playoff system would take the debate out of college football and let teams settle it the way it should be: on the field.