Press Conference?

Actually the version I heard was that Carl Pelini is being recruited to go to Arizona to be the D-Line coach for Mike Stoops, and Bob Stoops offered Bo the Defensive Coordinator job at OU.

I dont see why Carl would leave. Maybe in a few yrs like Mike Stoops did, but he's only been in that shadow for not even 1 yr now, right? unless he was w/ green bay too? I just find it hard to believe that he would leave his bro to go be an assis coach somewhere else, when he has a strong potential to climb the ladder at NU quickly - Espec if Bo gets the HC gig. BUt if he didnt for some reason, I could see him leaving for a promo, but not a lateral. after all, NU v. Arizona? no comparison!

About the OU rumor. Yes this may have reinforced the need to hire Bo as the HC, but I doubt SP was manipulated into hiring Bo just b/c he was afraid Stoops would take him to OU. If Steve found another qualified guy, he doesnt seem to be lacking the stones to make the move.

brm

Interesting discussion material, but I cant say I buy any of it.

Remember that Bo has Head Coaching aspirations. Why would he take a lateral, even if it is OU? In a normal year, OU and NU are pretty parallel. I would think this would make Bo look pretty flaky in the head coaching brotherhood if he were to leave a job less than 1 yr after he took it, just for a lateral. It would appear that he is unloyal, and I would think this would only stunt his head coach goal. Plus why would Bob want Bo if he knows he has goals of being a head coach in less than 5 yrs, and most likely a lot less even if he didnt get the NU job.

And I agree with Big red machine, I wouldnt think Carl would have any reason to leave Bo's side, since the Pelini namesake is a pretty popular one around Lincoln these days, he should have no problem moving up swiftly.

Blackshirt

Personally I would rather we land a bigger name, ala Cowher or someone w/strong NFL ties. I realize Pelini has this, but I dont know that he is ready to run the show. If we could keep Pelini AND bring in another big name, let's do it. Kids are drawn to NFL connections b/c that is obviously their ultimate goal, and someone with the blueprints to their dream can be enticing.

BTW, yes most have materialized into nothing tangible. Very few of the "candidates" have even verified being contacted by NU. However there has been confirmation that SP has contacted 4 current NFL coaches. I believe Cowher was one of them. I think they are ironing out the details right now. Last rumor was that SP wants Cotton gone but Bo wants to keep him. I would think that if it was all but official about Pelini, they would have announced it by now to stabilize recruiting.

yes you have to think that steve already had his guy before he made the unpopular move. So if that was the case and it WERE Bo, I think he would already have been named HC. Id like to think Steve is working his Big Wig magic w/ a big NFL name. Just seems like somethings up.

And timing is importnt with an NfL coach b/c of all the politics, so maybe he is waitng for aproval from the nfl team. no need to wait any longer if it were pelini, bc the courtesy period to make frank not look so bad has expired.

Crouch had enough natural talent and smarts to do well on the field. This goes for

most quarterbacks before him also.

Lord had physicaly ability, he had time to learn the offense well. A good coach should

be able to do something with that at least. Granted, he did play better this year than

last year, but not that better.