Flyover

I work at the airport here in Lincoln and the flyover is going to be done by 5 T-38's. To me that is disappointing, I was hoping for something cooler that can actually do some damage with missiles, guns etc.. The only damage a T-38 can do is if they flew the plane into the target...

GO BIG RED!

What the hell is a T-38? Sounds like a calculator. Sorry, not real familiar with military aircraft...Hopefully they are still fast and loud?

This I think... ?

t38.jpg

5 of 'em?

Hope they don't put out mass quantities of exhaust er Smog..It'll be like a home game for the condoms :madash

I work at the airport here in Lincoln and the flyover is going to be done by 5 T-38's. To me that is disappointing, I was hoping for something cooler that can actually do some damage with missiles, guns etc.. The only damage a T-38 can do is if they flew the plane into the target...

GO BIG RED!

What the hell is a T-38? Sounds like a calculator. Sorry, not real familiar with military aircraft...Hopefully they are still fast and loud?

This I think... ?

t38.jpg

5 of 'em?

Hope they don't put out mass quantities of exhaust er Smog..It'll be like a home game for the condoms

:madash

:rollin:rollin:rollin

I really enjoy those fly overs, it really gets me more excited for the game, but I was wondering if anyone would like an idea of doing something different. Instead of Jet Fight planes, which I think are great to see.....

What if the game had it's fly overs with UH-60 Black Hawk Utility Helicopters....flying in formation and a way we can see it's glory. You'll be able to hear the sound getting louder and louder and look above and see what freedom is in unique way at Memorial Staduim.

Anyone have any thoughts, even I know it won't happen for a long time or ever, but it would be awsome to see...

GO BIG RED!

This I think... ?

t38.jpg

5 of 'em?

Hope they don't put out mass quantities of exhaust er Smog..It'll be like a home game for the condoms :madash

Yea I'm positive that the pilots flying them are California and Nebraska natives and they volunteered to do the flyover so they can watch the game for free afterwards from the sidelines. If you live in Lincoln T-38's overhead should be a common sight. There are some in here almost every day during the warmer months from Whitman and Vance AFB (and a few others) because our long runway is good for training. Me, I hate em because we have to deal with them and they are high maintenance pains in the a** most of the time. Luckily I somehow got out of working on the busiest day we will have this year and I'M GOING TO THE GAME!

GO BIG RED!

Yea I'm positive that the pilots flying them are California and Nebraska natives and they volunteered to do the flyover so they can watch the game for free afterwards from the sidelines. If you live in Lincoln T-38's overhead should be a common sight. There are some in here almost every day during the warmer months from Whitman and Vance AFB (and a few others) because our long runway is good for training. Me, I hate em because we have to deal with them and they are high maintenance pains in the a** most of the time. Luckily I somehow got out of working on the busiest day we will have this year and I'M GOING TO THE GAME!

GO BIG RED!

Im an air traffic controller and if the flyby is done by T-38's I will be highly disappointed. They pick the only fighter type jet in the air force that cant win a dog fight, how lame.

Air Force flyboy here and the T-38 would be a pretty weak flyover. -16's or 15's (from the AF) or -18's from the Navy would be much better. The T-38 is nothing but a trainer now. It's similar to the F-5 (Russian plane in Top Gun) with the difference being the -38 is a 2 seater, the -5 is a single seater. I was able to get a ride in a -38 years ago and it is a fun little airplane but not nearly as fun as the B-1 ride I got.

T-38

t38_1.jpg

F-5

f-5_sa00.jpg