An apology to USC and Husker Nation

papersun87

Members of Husker Nation and USC Trojan faithful out there, over halftime, in a fit of stupid anger over the proceedings of a meaningless football game, I made some very harsh accusations and disrespected members of an opposing team and coaching staff. Here is what I said:

Now I'm not going to accuse Pete Carroll of anything, but I'm just going to say those two injured guys were laying there on the field a VERY long time. A curiously long time when considering that your whole game depends on making the home crowd a nonfactor.

I'm just saying. And it's REALLY pissing me off, because if that first guy hadn't laid there for a freakin' hour, NEBRASKA WOULD BE WINNING THIS GAME.

I am completely sorry for what I said. Obviously, Coach Carroll cares very much for his players and wouldn't leave them out on the field just for the sake of a victory. Since I let my anger get the best of me in the above post, I have been praying intently for not only the health and safety of the two players involved, but also for forgiveness and an attitude check. What I said goes completely against the image of what a Christian man and what a member of Husker Nation is supposed to stand for.

I hope you all will forgive me, and USC fans, I extend this apology doubly to you. I sincerely hope your players are all right, and please forgive me for the stupid things I chose to say in a fit of stupid rage over a football game.

Man, alot of us were thinking the same thing. I can't say for sure if they left him on the field to try and take the crowd out or not, but now it seems kinda silly.

We all get a bit caught up sometimes, we want our team to win so badly that sometimes it crosses the line into these kinds of conspiracy theories.

No worries, you're man enough to come back here and apologize.. that's balls. You are true Husker Fan my friend.

Members of Husker Nation and USC Trojan faithful out there, over halftime, in a fit of stupid anger over the proceedings of a meaningless football game, I made some very harsh accusations and disrespected members of an opposing team and coaching staff. Here is what I said:

Now I'm not going to accuse Pete Carroll of anything, but I'm just going to say those two injured guys were laying there on the field a VERY long time. A curiously long time when considering that your whole game depends on making the home crowd a nonfactor.

I'm just saying. And it's REALLY pissing me off, because if that first guy hadn't laid there for a freakin' hour, NEBRASKA WOULD BE WINNING THIS GAME.

I am completely sorry for what I said. Obviously, Coach Carroll cares very much for his players and wouldn't leave them out on the field just for the sake of a victory. Since I let my anger get the best of me in the above post, I have been praying intently for not only the health and safety of the two players involved, but also for forgiveness and an attitude check. What I said goes completely against the image of what a Christian man and what a member of Husker Nation is supposed to stand for.

I hope you all will forgive me, and USC fans, I extend this apology doubly to you. I sincerely hope your players are all right, and please forgive me for the stupid things I chose to say in a fit of stupid rage over a football game.

Jesus is watching you.............so is BRI's mom............. :lol:

You certainly weren't the only one thinking it, I nearly had to take down one of my friends with a traquilizer dart because of it. It's irrelevant though, we had no chance in this game anyway.

OK we all get it........you thought we would get our a$$ kicked, congrats you were right. Do you really need to put a version of that on the end of most of your posts?

I've never seen two players lay on the field for so long when they could obviously move their arms and legs. I hope the players are alright, but it was pretty ridiculous.

I've also never seen a player lose the ball on a kick-off and somebody else on the same team pick it up and run it for 40 yards, it was just their night!

... but it was pretty ridiculous.

The first player is currently in a Nebraska hospital. On the field, it was believed he had a crushed larynx, pretty serious stuff. The second player had a concussion. After last week's incident with the NFL player, they weren't taking any chances, however. I didn't see YOUR EMT's ask them to hurry up and walk off the field.

I can understand sh#t like this said during the game, but the day after! Do you really think this impacted the game? If you do then you weren't watching the same game I was. You can blame the game the loss on your coach or on your players, but this is asinine.

I hope that visiting players take note of this Memorial Stadium rule, "Due to potential momentum shifts, injured players must leave the field promptly. Time limits apply!" :sarcasm

As far as the apology is concerned, it is accepted. I have said stuff like that in the heat of the moment but have not always had the courage to come back and apologize.

Yes, Jesus is watching and he wants us to know this: "...Let them who glories(example people who are fans), glory in this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, exercising loving kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth for in these I delight..."

The first player is currently in a Nebraska hospital. On the field, it was believed he had a crushed larynx, pretty serious stuff. The second player had a concussion. After last week's incident with the NFL player, they weren't taking any chances, however. I didn't see YOUR EMT's ask them to hurry up and walk off the field.

I can understand sh#t like this said during the game, but the day after! Do you really think this impacted the game? If you do then you weren't watching the same game I was. You can blame the game the loss on your coach or on your players, but this is asinine.

I hope that visiting players take note of this Memorial Stadium rule, "Due to potential momentum shifts, injured players must leave the field promptly. Time limits apply!" :sarcasm

As far as the apology is concerned, it is accepted. I have said stuff like that in the heat of the moment but have not always had the courage to come back and apologize.

Yes, Jesus is watching and he wants us to know this: "...Let them who glories(example people who are fans), glory in this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, exercising loving kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth for in these I delight..."

I agree with you. Them laying on the field had nothing to do with the offensive line opening up massive holes. It also had nothing to do with our defense not being able to tackle anyone. NU lost hands down.

It is admirable that you apologize. Takes a large person to do that. And I hope that none of us ever forget that these are very young men out there, many still teenagers. If it was my son out there on the ground, I'd hope the professionals taking care of him would consider his needs more important than a game. And, for what it's worth, taking more time than you need also gives the opponent more time as well.

:bonez

I agree with you. Them laying on the field had nothing to do with the offensive line opening up massive holes. It also had nothing to do with our defense not being able to tackle anyone. NU lost hands down.

Agreed. They couldn't risk furthuring injury to the kid especially when they weren't sure exactly what happened. The sideline reporter mentioned they were working up around his collar bone/shoulder area so I suspected it was something possibly serious. Glad to hear both players are going to be ok. I'll give opposing fans grief and hell but I won't give them grief or complain about their injured players. :thumbs

I never did see either of the plays where the USC players got hurt. My wife told me with the first one, one our players fell on top of him. The second one I guess was a lights-out hit.

Yeah, I was in the west stadium (behind the USC bench) and I saw a coach make a sign toward his throat and he made a choking face toward some other players who had apparently asked what was wrong. I knew that there was no effing around at that point. That is some serious stuff, glad to have read this morning that he's okay. Maybe I'm naive... but my first thought was "that guy must be really hurt" not "tehy must be cheating!!!!!!111!!1!!1oneone" He wasn't moving and from where I was (50 yard line, 18th row) i couldn't even see his chest moving... scary stuff, the footballing.

You certainly weren't the only one thinking it, I nearly had to take down one of my friends with a traquilizer dart because of it. It's irrelevant though, we had no chance in this game anyway.

OK we all get it........you thought we would get our a$$ kicked, congrats you were right. Do you really need to put a version of that on the end of most of your posts?

I was simply making the point that it wasn't the difference in the game. I'm sorry the truth is so hard for you to swallow.