The Cosgrove love thread! Post your love here!

hskrdedhed

how does Idaho play USC close? Are their players that much better to make it a respectable game against USC? What have Idaho's recruiting rankings been the past five years? How about UCLA and Oregon State? We have just as good of players as those teams...I really think Coz has to go....and if Cally won't fire him, then Cally needs to go.

I know, I know we were only a few blocks away, and we just didn't execute blah blah....

This game "speaks volumes" of where our program is. Maybe we can win the Big 12...North

One other thing...how bout Cally being 0-12 er..0-13 when down at the half...Woo! go Coach Callahan! let's give em another contract!

how does Idaho play USC close? Are their players that much better to make it a respectable game against USC? What have Idaho's recruiting rankings been the past five years? How about UCLA and Oregon State? We have just as good of players as those teams...I really think Coz has to go....and if Cally won't fire him, then Cally needs to go.

I know, I know we were only a few blocks away, and we just didn't execute blah blah....

This game "speaks volumes" of where our program is. Maybe we can win the Big 12...North

One other thing...how bout Cally being 0-12 er..0-13 when down at the half...Woo! go Coach Callahan! let's give em another contract!

I feel your frustration, I understand the Coz thing. I am not a fan of his, but tonight was not on him. Is Cally's play calling frustrating or questionalbe...yes it is. However, I do believe we are making progress. Going down the Alabama route of hiring a "new gun for hire" is not the best route. Give it time.

I feel your frustration, I understand the Coz thing. I am not a fan of his, but tonight was not on him. Is Cally's play calling frustrating or questionalbe...yes it is. However, I do believe we are making progress. Going down the Alabama route of hiring a "new gun for hire" is not the best route. Give it time.

I agree that firing Callahan would be bad. On the other hand, does keeping the wrong guy around for a few more years do anygood? As of right now, I d say it would be a bad idea to fire Callahan.

About Cosgrove, would McBride give up 49 points to anyone at Lincoln? 49 points!

We are making progress...on offense. I think we are going nowhere on defense. Last year's defense was disappointing. This year is looking to be the same. Overall, I think we have better players on defense this year...but I haven't seen much improvement.

While I am calling for Cosgrove's head, I don't have any suggestions for a replacement. I'd like Pelini, but we all know that won't happen. There's got to be somebody....tonight's D was pathetic. Last week's D was pathetic for that matter too.

Please allow me to comment here. The "playmakers", as you like to call them, simply do not have the experience to stop the wide-receiver end around. How can I see-saw the safeties without having experienced players who are familiar with my terminology on the field? You really need to look no further than my Wisconsin Badgers' 34-20 triumph over the traditional powerhouse Duke in the 1995 Hall-Of-Fame Bowl for proof of this.

Please people, study your Big-10 defense history before pillaging me.

I'm sorry, but you post is assenine. It's and end around and they don't know how to stop it??? I feel like I am in 8h grade again. Come on,,,,this is D1 football brother!

Say all you want about USC's O-line just being so much better than our D-line... but they got pushed around almost as bad against WF last week. Those huge holes that USC opened up in the middle?? WF did the SAME thing to us last week. Where was the defensive adjustments? If it's not scheme it's the players.. and if those players on the line are that bad.. how did they get that way?? Are all of these 3-4star d-line recruits a bust? Or maybe there's a simpler explanation.

They have horrible coaching.

Coach Cozgroovy must get the heck out of Nebraska as soon as possible. And get rid of Buddy Wyatt while you're at it. We need MUCH better defensive coaching if we plan to compete for a national championship again.

You know what sucks?? If our Defense was better, we win this game. Our offense looked H-O-T out there (except for that INT.. the first one was not entirely Keller's fault). We put up 31 points on a damn good USC defense (forget what they're ranked but top 5 for sure right?)

DEFENSE is what is keeping us from returning to a powerhouse program. DEFENSE, good god this is NEBRASKA and our defense is what's wrong?

FIRE COZ, FIRE WYATT! We need a powerhouse defense again!!