dropped passes

Vuren

but he also had a couple of great catches as well. one of those drops really wasn't his fault(he had what 2 defenders on him and he got an arm trapped that was called for pass interference) plus he almost had a huge one at the end of the first half.

True, true. But I'm just not the biggest fan of Hardy. Everytime they throw to him I hold my breath. I can't wait till all of our receivers are at least 6'3", 240 lbs and can catch anything.

but he also had a couple of great catches as well. one of those drops really wasn't his fault(he had what 2 defenders on him and he got an arm trapped that was called for pass interference) plus he almost had a huge one at the end of the first half.

True, true. But I'm just not the biggest fan of Hardy. Everytime they throw to him I hold my breath. I can't wait till all of our receivers are at least 6'3", 240 lbs and can catch anything.

Agree 100% Hardy's a joke! Even if he catches it, I'm afraid he'll fumble.

Agreed...but what about Todd Peterson. For a walk on...that kid is a baller!! He got LIT UP in the 4th and still came back to get...what...2 TDs...

And Swift's catch in the 1st...with a defender draped all over his back and the safety bearing down on him...simply awesome!!!

In the first quarter, the QB and receivers were in a zone. I haven't seen the offense click under Callahan any better than this since he's been here. However, when he decided to run the ball umpteen times in a row it through their rhythm off and Keller through a couple pics. I think we all knew coming into the game that there was no way we were running the ball on USC's D unless the pass opened them up. I liked what I saw in the first 20 plays, but then I found myself going wtf in most of the second quarter. It's hard to look at anything in the 4th quarter as positive because it was garbage time.

We got molested because our OL is still not good. Our D, well there really wasn't one piece of the puzzle that played well at all last night. I can't jump all over the secondary because USC didn't pass much. However, if I see Bowman run beside a running back for 15-20 yards in the first quarter with over 12 minutes left trying to strip the damn ball rather than just making the tackle I'm going to puke.

There were definitely positives from the game. However, I think we really need to water down Keller's stats as most of those yards came in the 4th during garbage time when USC was playing their cheerleaders and also playing a prevent. The short passing game was there. The receivers were very sharp especially Purify. Who said Purify wasn't a short downage receiver anyway? I thought he looked good.

Agreed...but what about Todd Peterson. For a walk on...that kid is a baller!! He got LIT UP in the 4th and still came back to get...what...2 TDs...

And Swift's catch in the 1st...with a defender draped all over his back and the safety bearing down on him...simply awesome!!!

Swift is my hero. I see him in there in a clutch situation and I feel quite a bit better. I think it was... ohh... a 3rd and something. Purify went out and my dad said, "looks like a running package."

"No, swift is in there." Seconds later, completion to swift for a 1st (or very close... I wish I had a tivo so I could have watched some of that again when I got home :) ).