Another Signature Loss

LAHusker

What's it going to take to get this program at the level of USC, LSU, & Florida?

A loss always sucks, but for us, it's worse since we know what this program used to be.

Nebraska Football...R.I.P. 1889-1997

It is going to take a coaching staff the caliber of those programs and a recruiting base akin to theirs as well. At present we have neither. Thus, to expect NU to compete with these top programs is not realistic.

When will this happen --- well when we have a coaching staff and.....

What's it going to take to get this program at the level of USC, LSU, & Florida?

A loss always sucks, but for us, it's worse since we know what this program used to be.

It is going to take a coaching staff the caliber of those programs and a recruiting base akin to theirs as well. At present we have neither. Thus, to expect NU to compete with these top programs is not realistic.

so programs and coaches cant improve...... I guess you dont remember this program before 94......

so programs and coaches cant improve...... I guess you dont remember this program before 94......

No, indeed I do remember. Yes coachs do improve and recruiting does as well. the difference in 1980's Husker football (that was really, really good) and 1990's football (that was awesome) was that both had super coaches and the one had good to really good recruits while the other had great recruits.

The current coahing staff may improve (hope so) but it is unlikely that they are a super staff (at least as assembled now --- switch out some assistants now for better ones and maybe you head in that direction). My point is that if the staff stays as it does and the recruiting stays as it is, well then NU will not likely hang with the big dogs.

We've already been discussing the history of nay sayers in this thread for about a week.

No, indeed I do remember. Yes coachs do improve and recruiting does as well. the difference in 1980's Husker football (that was really, really good) and 1990's football (that was awesome) was that both had super coaches and the one had good to really good recruits while the other had great recruits.

The current coahing staff may improve (hope so) but it is unlikely that they are a super staff (at least as assembled now --- switch out some assistants now for better ones and maybe you head in that direction). My point is that if the staff stays as it does and the recruiting stays as it is, well then NU will not likely hang with the big dogs.

I disagree, I believe that recruiting is going in the right direction. Westcoast calls for special players, and even those players need time to get in the system. This system will take more time to develope and I know that is hard to swallow as Huskers fans but that's the way it goes for now.