can anyone tell me for sure

melscott62

I have heard several people say that we scored our TD's Against their back ups, and that they eased up on us. but it has also been pointed out that they still had their 1st string O in, and were going for it on 4th down late in the 4th. it was also pointed out that the INT that was overruled by the pass interference was by taylor mays, who is not only a starter, but one of their best players. can anyone go back and see what the truth actually is? I'm sure someone recorded the game

First time poster.. but...

There were a few backups in, but not many. The reason we started moving the ball was because SC switched to a Prevent defense, allowing those short passing gains and movement. Essentially, they were allowing us to move the ball more then we did in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

I have heard several people say that we scored our TD's Against their back ups, and that they eased up on us. but it has also been pointed out that they still had their 1st string O in, and were going for it on 4th down late in the 4th. it was also pointed out that the INT that was overruled by the pass interference was by taylor mays, who is not only a starter, but one of their best players. can anyone go back and see what the truth actually is? I'm sure someone recorded the game

taylor mays is a true sophmore. i think a few extra reps late in the game doesnt hurt.

SC went full prevent. no need to blitz and scheme. why show next weeks opponent any more tape? just play

vanilla prevent.

as for going for it on 4th down late in the 4th.. 12 mins is not late in the 4th

Yeah, and Taylor Mays is also a starter and one of the key cogs on the Trojan defense. It's true that getting a few extra reps late in the game doesn't hurt, but it's not like we were going against scrubs. Heck, even if the Trojans trotted out their 3rd teamers, it wouldn't be "scrubs" .... just former Parade All-Americans waiting their turn, right? :)

I don't question the going for it on 4th down, by the way. It's an acknowledgment that it IS garbage time, if anything.

taylor mays is a true sophmore. i think a few extra reps late in the game doesnt hurt.

SC went full prevent. no need to blitz and scheme. why show next weeks opponent any more tape? just play

vanilla prevent.

as for going for it on 4th down late in the 4th.. 12 mins is not late in the 4th

when they went for it on 4th down there was not 12 minutes left. that was the 3rd to last play of the drive, and it ended with 6 and change left. so unless those plays took 6 minutes........

I also noticed that Taylor Mays was taking the game pretty seriously on that last drive. He taunted the crowd in the end zone during the entire time that his interception was being negated by the refs due to PI.

USC wasn't "scrimmaging" in the 4th. They wanted to put as big of a hurt on Nebraska as they possibly could so as to earn back some first place votes and win points with the BCS computers. Nebraska moved the ball exceptionally well through the air the ENTIRE GAME.