How long until USC is . . . .

Narniaman

recognized as a football dynasty, like Nebraska is?

I have previously been assured by members of this board that in spite of 11 national championships, umpteen Heisman trophy winners, including 3 of the last 5, a 61-6 record over the past five years or so, and more Superbowl players than any other school can boast, USC's football program doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Nebraska's program.

Suggesting that USC perhaps has a football dynasty worthy of comparison to Nebraska, posters like "California Huster" protested

Damn! Only one ten win season? Three losing seasons? Another four non-winning seasons? And two more where you broke .500 but only won six games. An overall winning percentage of .613? Exactly which season in that stretch was USC a championship contender? Wow, that must have sucked to be an SC fan during that stretch. Oh, never mind, everyone out here in LA just becomes UCLA fans when SC is sucking.

SC fans are so myopic!"

Others suggested that USC doesn't deserve the "dynasty" label like Nebraska does because the USC home attendance in the past (5-15 years ago) has been somewhat less than Nebraska's home attendance.

So here's my question for "California Husker" and others. . . . . .

How many more beatdowns do the Trojans have to administer to Nebraska before Nebraska fans will acknowledge that USC has every bit as good a football program as the Cornhuskers do?

Now please note -- I'm not trying to claim that USC has a superior football team/tradition than Nebraska -- I'm just trying to get Cornhusker fans to acknowledge that at least in a football sense, USC is at least equal to the storied Cornhusker program.

And while I may be myopic as a USC fan, at least I do see well enough to recognize that USC football players seem to block and tackle a whole lot better than the Nebraska Cornhusker football team does.

I have previously been assured by members of this board that in spite of 11 national championships, umpteen Heisman trophy winners, including 3 of the last 5, a 61-6 record over the past five years or so, and more Superbowl players than any other school can boast, USC's football program doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Nebraska's program.

Suggesting that USC perhaps has a football dynasty worthy of comparison to Nebraska, posters like "California Huster" protested

Damn! Only one ten win season? Three losing seasons? Another four non-winning seasons? And two more where you broke .500 but only won six games. An overall winning percentage of .613? Exactly which season in that stretch was USC a championship contender? Wow, that must have sucked to be an SC fan during that stretch. Oh, never mind, everyone out here in LA just becomes UCLA fans when SC is sucking.

SC fans are so myopic!"

Others suggested that USC doesn't deserve the "dynasty" label like Nebraska does because the USC home attendance in the past (5-15 years ago) has been somewhat less than Nebraska's home attendance.

How many more beatdowns do the Trojans have to administer to Nebraska before Nebraska fans will acknowledge that USC has every bit as good a football program as the Cornhuskers do?

Now please note -- I'm not trying to claim that USC has a superior football team/tradition than Nebraska -- I'm just trying to get Cornhusker fans to acknowledge that at least in a football sense, USC is at least equal to the storied Cornhusker program.

And while I may be myopic as a USC fan, at least I do see well enough to recognize that USC football players seem to block and tackle a whole lot better than the Nebraska Cornhusker football team does.

Both you and I know that you can't stay on top forever, and yes USC in the "Caroll" years are someting to be looked at in that category.

SC fans are so myopic!"

I personally recognize them as a dynasty and find many Husker fans that do the same. The opinion of the internet message board is not a full opinion of the Husker nation.

Now you answer my question. When is NCAA going to do anything about USC buying Reggie Bush's family a house?

Now you answer my question. When is NCAA going to do anything about USC buying Reggie Bush's family a house?

You seem to have some information that I am not familiar with.

Since you do possess this information, you need to widely publicize it and make it known to the NCAA. You might realize that anonymous accusations aren't probably going to get a lot of traction, so you need to publicly identify yourself when you make the accusations.

Certainly, if what you said is true then USC needs to be punished, and punished severely. Perhaps you could get other like minded Nebraska fans to finance a class action suit or something like that against USC.

Of course, if what you are claiming is not true, then you are committing slander. And their are legal consequences to doing something like that, and could put you at considerable financial risk.

I suspect that you don't have enough guts to come out a publicly make such an accusation. Instead, you will continue to hurl accusations and hide behind the "Offspring 2099" moniker.

Am I right?

SC fans are so myopic!"

USC is where we used to be and we all know that. It's a fun time for you and all SC fans across the nation. We can call it a dynasty I guess because they are doing now what we did in the 90's. I think they are a fantastic football team and they have all the tools in place to keep making a run at the NC. The only problem with the whole thing is that we have been behind our team since they have begun. Granted we don't have much else to do with our lives as some people like to think, but we stand behind our football team and bye tickets through thick and thin. Dynasty's to me aren't only measured by their teams, but by their fans as well.

SC fans are so myopic!"

Okay little trojan man, I'll take the bait. First, what made Nebraska a true football dynasty is that for a span of over 30 years we played for 9 national championships winning five of them. During that span, we never won fewer than 9 games in a season. During that span we averaged...AVERAGED...10 wins a season. During that span we never...NEVER...lost more than three games in one year. During that span we had five...FIVE...undefeated seasons.

Now, USC has had a great run over the last five years. I can't deny that. However, you are 60-6 which is not as good as Nebraska's 60-3 from `93-`97. During the last five years you played for two national championships and only won one of them. (I don't count the time you missed the championship game but the spoiled sports writers threw a little fit and gave you guys their biased recognition), and you only had one undefeated season. During our five year run from `93-`97 we played in the recognized championship game three times and won all three and had three undefeated seasons.

Sure SC is better right now than Nebraska right now. But you are asking about dynasty. I am not as myopic as some sports fans and media types who think a dynasty is a three-to-four year stretch. That is why Nebraska from 1970-2001 is a true dynasty, and why USC will need another 7-10 years of nine-to-ten win seasons, and a couple more undefeated seasons, and a couple more legit national championships, to really be a dynasty.

Oh, and by the way...no matter what your media guide says...you don't have 11 national championships. Sorry but, no matter how much you want to, you can't count the Dunkel, Matthews, and Sagarin polls as championships. :bonez

Since you do possess this information, you need to widely publicize it and make it known to the NCAA. You might realize that anonymous accusations aren't probably going to get a lot of traction, so you need to publicly identify yourself when you make the accusations.

Certainly, if what you said is true then USC needs to be punished, and punished severely. Perhaps you could get other like minded Nebraska fans to finance a class action suit or something like that against USC.

Of course, if what you are claiming is not true, then you are committing slander. And their are legal consequences to doing something like that, and could put you at considerable financial risk.

I suspect that you don't have enough guts to come out a publicly make such an accusation. Instead, you will continue to hurl accusations and hide behind the "Offspring 2099" moniker.

Am I right?

:yeah

I have a hard time refering to them as a dynasty because of seasons like last year where they lost to Oregon State and UCLA... to be a dynasty you must be unstoppable for quite a few years and if you do lose, it better be to a team like LSU this year or Oklahoma, not a middle of the pack Pac 10 school

California Husker, I think I know what's going on.

And I feel your pain.

You live in Southern California, and you're not shy about your love, support, and devotion for Big Red football.

You have friends and acquaintances who are quite aware of your passion, and have engaged you in perhaps a few spirited discussions about USC football vs. Nebraska football in the past.

All in the spirit of good fun, of course, you were enticed into making perhaps a few wagers on the outcome of yesterday's USC/Nebraska game. USC fans, being good sports, probably gave you Nebraska and 15 points or so.

And you still loss.

So come tomorrow, you are going to have to distribute your honest and hard earned cash to a number of rather obnoxious Trojan fans, who all the time will be mentioning stuff like Nebraska never ever having won a game against USC (even when the Cornhuskers won the national championship), and USC scoring the most points anyone has scored against Nebraska in Lincoln in 50 years, and USC rushing for 313 yards, and USC's true freshman O'Dowd completely dominating Nebraska defensive tackles (touted as some of the best in the nation by Nebraska fans), and so on and so forth.

Even worse, so of these obnoxious Trojans may have enticed you into some rather (in retrospect) foolish bets, and you may have to do stuff tomorrow like wear a USC sweatshirt and hum the Conquest fight song.

Ah!! The pain!!

At least if your were back in Lincoln instead of sunny Southern California you wouldn't be surrounded by cruel, uncaring, and obnoxious USC fans.

And so, Big Man, you have my sympathies!!

At least Nebraska won't be playing USC anytime again soon.

Am I right?

:lol:

Are you kidding me? Tell me when and where to show up.

It was a very clever 3rd party cover up. Right now YOU can hide behind "no charges, nothing happened, slander", one day someone will talk.