Yes, the California Husker is right again

Most of the time I love being right. And I live a very happy life because I am right so much of the time. However, it looks more and more like my worst fears are being realized. I have said from the start that Coz is bad. After I saw what he did with our D-backs when he first got here it was pretty clear. They pretty much disappeared within his scheme. And before anyone goes off on the old “he had no talent” rant, don’t forget that three of the D-backs who were here when Coz arrived are now starting in the backfield of NFL teams. If you can’t coach that kind of talent, then there is a problem.

Also, the way he made Adam Carriker and Jay Moore irrelevant last year, was really too bad. It is a testament to their individual ability that they even got drafted.

So now, finally, a good number of the Husker Nation is climbing on board with the “Coz must go” sentiment. Welcome aboard…I guess. Unfortunately this is one time when I would rather be eating crow than to be right again. Mostly because I don’t think they are going to fire him. I think we may be stuck with him until Callahan finally comes around and sees that Coz is a giant anchor around our necks (if that ever happens).

There are those who will say that you have come over to the dark side. But don’t worry. We are not bailing on our beloved Huskers. In fact, most of us aren’t even bailing on Callahan (with the exception of his decision to keep Coz). We love our Huskers. That’s why we hate what this man (Coz) has done to them. I have watched Nebraska lose before, but this weekend was akin to the debacle in Colorado when Craig Bohl was the defensive coordinator….and we fired him.

I’m sorry, but it’s time. He is like Old Yeller. He needs to be put out of OUR misery.

Most of the time I love being right. And I live a very happy life because I am right so much of the time. However, it looks more and more like my worst fears are being realized. I have said from the start that Coz is bad. After I saw what he did with our D-backs when he first got here it was pretty clear. They pretty much disappeared within his scheme. And before anyone goes off on the old “he had no talent” rant, don’t forget that three of the D-backs who were here when Coz arrived are now starting in the backfield of NFL teams. If you can’t coach that kind of talent, then there is a problem.

Also, the way he made Adam Carriker and Jay Moore irrelevant last year, was really too bad. It is a testament to their individual ability that they even got drafted.

So now, finally, a good number of the Husker Nation is climbing on board with the “Coz must go” sentiment. Welcome aboard…I guess. Unfortunately this is one time when I would rather be eating crow than to be right again. Mostly because I don’t think they are going to fire him. I think we may be stuck with him until Callahan finally comes around and sees that Coz is a giant anchor around our necks (if that ever happens).

There are those who will say that you have come over to the dark side. But don’t worry. We are not bailing on our beloved Huskers. In fact, most of us aren’t even bailing on Callahan (with the exception of his decision to keep Coz). We love our Huskers. That’s why we hate what this man (Coz) has done to them. I have watched Nebraska lose before, but this weekend was akin to the debacle in Colorado when Craig Bohl was the defensive coordinator….and we fired him.

I’m sorry, but it’s time. He is like Old Yeller. He needs to be put out of OUR misery.

So then what is the plan? Who does NU hire? Immediately? Granted, this is 3 games into the season...better find a DC that is lounging around waiting for a plush job that will answer all issues against the #1 team in the nation, or at least answering that question...who is out there?!?

Look Cali, I'm not saying you're wrong, and this post isn't intended to be directed at you. But USC is #1 for a reason...even the greatest DC isn't going to solve everything last Sat. night. People are getting mutinous because NU couldn't stop the run...

What if NU could've?

NU NEVER TESTED BOOTY'S ARM!

Nebraska never stopped the pass...USC just never had to use it.

C'mon people, I'm not in the Coz fanclub by any stretch of the imagination right now, but I sincerely want Nebraska to bounce back, take positives from this loss, and move on and really get pissed and beat up the Big 12.

Because guess what? Spew your angry 'fire Cosgrove' rhetoric, but this is what you have to deal with this year. You can either write off Nebraska the rest of the year and continue to call for everyone's head, or get behind the team you supposedly love and support and see what happens the rest of the year.

Who is really surprised at the 'Fire everything because anything else is better and I have no logic or solution or answer because, well...anything else is better!" Lose by 1 or 101, it was coming out. These 'fans' live for misery, and what better way to fan the flame than by playing #1 USC.

It may not live up to your 'expectations,' but this is Nebraska. These guys aren't tanking plays, point-shaving, getting lazy...these young student-athletes are working within the system they have been given, and they want to win. Yeah, it wasn't too great vs. a Wake team that maybe isn't that bad, wasn't good at all vs. an arsenal called USC, and who knows how the rest of the season will turn out.

But here it is...come hell or high water, I'm with the Huskers. Either you are or aren't. Can't stomach a season that could go south? Might not look pretty to a national sports media that could already care less about NU? That's ok, go monitor your 'wemustfireallNUcoaches.com' website 24/7 and go away until the perfect NU season comes around so you can tell us all that 'you told us so.'

Go Big Red!

Fops

Look Cali, I'm not saying you're wrong, and this post isn't intended to be directed at you.

Uhhhh, yeah...it kinda was directed at me. Okay, you're right. Maybe we can't find an experienced D-coordinator right now, but I started calling for Coz's head before the end of last season. During the off season there was plenty of time to find someone who is better than Coz. Sure, Bo is pretty much locked in at LSU and most of the big names are pretty happy where they are, but I have gotten to the "anybody is better than Coz" stage. Let's give some hungry young coach a shot. All I know is giving up 236 rushing yards to Wake and another 300+ to SC is unacceptable. I don't care if USC is the number one team in the nation. They didn't run for that many yards against Idaho.

my buddies and i were talking towards the end of the game and we decided the defense, in particular the LBs, reminded us of when Bohl was here. The LBs were out of position and overplaying all night.

our defensive line was out played every play. maybe that was just simply they had way more talent but i just cant believe USC has kids that are that far above Nebraska. I also have never been a cosgrove fan, i think we need more of a pelini to come in, just maybe not so crazy. we need someone that is agressive and fires up the kids. consgrove on the the side line with his old man glasses on just isnt doing it.

Look Cali, I'm not saying you're wrong, and this post isn't intended to be directed at you.

Uhhhh, yeah...it kinda was directed at me. Okay, you're right. Maybe we can't find an experienced D-coordinator right now, but I started calling for Coz's head before the end of last season. During the off season there was plenty of time to find someone who is better than Coz. Sure, Bo is pretty much locked in at LSU and most of the big names are pretty happy where they are, but I have gotten to the "anybody is better than Coz" stage. Let's give some hungry young coach a shot. All I know is giving up 236 rushing yards to Wake and another 300+ to SC is unacceptable. I don't care if USC is the number one team in the nation. They didn't run for that many yards against Idaho.

Yes, USC is the number 1 team in the land. Gues what? The then ranked 14 team in the land put up 31 points on their ass and lost by 18. The D-line holds three USC drives and it's a game but they didn't, they allowed them to shove the ball down our throats. If we had a decent defense (and I believe we have the talent to be decent) then we could compete with the USCs of this game. I love the offensive production and what has come about it the last 4 years but our pride and joy Blackshirts have gone in reverse. Fire coz, don't fire coz...whatever but the situation needs to be fixed before conference play. But hey, BALL ST needs to watch out because there will be some pissed off huskers comming after them this weekend!!

GBR

Fact is the coaches had 2 weeks plus 8 quarters to figure out how to stop a simple counter run/offense and couldn't do it. USC took advantage of the fact that we wanted the defense to swarm to the ball and the coaches couldn't figure out how to stop it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to stop a simple mis-direction run (and teach a defense how to tackle). Remeber Craig Bohl and Colorado in 2001?? His ass got fired for the same performance.

Agreed. Other than Callahan keeping Coz on, I have no qualms with how he's been working Nebraska. I think we've progressed beyond our 2003 squad (so far) on offense and special teams...but on defense, well, I've officially joined the 'Fire Coz' bandwagon this week.

But here it is...come hell or high water, I'm with the Huskers. Either you are or aren't. Can't stomach a season that could go south? Might not look pretty to a national sports media that could already care less about NU? That's ok, go monitor your 'wemustfireallNUcoaches.com' website 24/7 and go away until the perfect NU season comes around so you can tell us all that 'you told us so.'

I've been with the Huskers since I was born (1978). Fortunately, during my earlier years, I was treated to a dominant team...I was spoiled. I figured...this is what Nebraska football [/i]is.

However, I (along with the rest of HuskerNation) have since been through the one of the biggest "reality-checks" that Husker fans probably have ever had to go through (2002-?).

I still get friggin' pumped for every damn game...have ever since I was out of my mother's womb. It's inherent. When watching the Skers, people tell me to "calm down" or "it's only a game." I think they just don't understand.

I just have qualms with those that say you are either with us or you aren't--referring to questioning or analysis of our situation. I am with the Huskers regardless, and I always will be...100 percent. End of story.

The above quote, however, is the same logic that President Bush used to demonize those that questioned the Iraq war. And I still don't get it. I had a few questions/concerns, yet I am hardly anti-patriotic. Perhaps I just do not possess the intelligence of Mr. Bush?

I don't think ANYONE should be fired, especially right now! However, when the simplest of runs can not be stemmed...the very same draws up the gut we defended against in High School...it throws a few warning flags up...at least to me.

dedhoarse