Whatever happened to...

thiems

HOW DID 84,000+ DWINDLE DOWN TO LESS THAT 50,000 BEFORE THE FIRST SNAP OF THE 4TH QUARTER. AND LESS THAN 20,000 BY THE END OF THE GAME

That is terrible. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

:star DO NOT LET THIS GAME DEFINE YOU! SHOW UP, STAY UP, WEAR RED, AND BE LOUD. THERE IS A WHOLE LOTTA SEASON LEFT! :star

-This post has been edited. Your views have showed me that some of us still have spirit. Thank you. Just the main points are left.

I watched until the end, just left at halftime to go on a beer run :)

nebraska fans are not used to seeing nebraska losing, even tho they have done a good share of it for the last 4 years or so, dont get mad at them for leaving, im sure it made them sick to their stomachs, I know it did me, the only reason i could sit thru the game is because i had my buddy 30 pack next to me in the ice chest, nebraska dominates, we dont get dominated, and just because they left, does not mean we still dont have the best fans in college football, GBR!!!

It's easy to stick together when you never lsoe more than 3 games...but I agree if I were at that game I would have stayed till the end.

On TV it looked like a lot stayed...atleast the announcers kept saying "look at these fans...never giving up and staying until the end"

so maybe compared to other teams gettin the beatdown we had a lot there...but again I wasnt there so I dunno

Lets see, not debris on the field, no riots and still you can find a section or two where the language is tolerable. Doesn't sound all that bad to me. To be honest when the game gets boring people leave to beat the traffic. You must consider that college football is entertainment. When it is no longer entertaining people will leave to beat the traffic. Even when your team is blowing the other one out, your own fans will leave.

I watched the entire game at home which is where I prefer to watch football. I saw some things I liked and some things I did not. I was really disappointed and suprised that we simply were no where near able to compete with USC this year. They could have put double the points up if they so desired. That is not entertainment. It was sorta like one of those pay for your kill hunting preserves. The prey simply does not have the survival instincts to make it a challenge. That is how our defense played the last two games. They really didn't present a challenge.

I do give Pete Carrol props for not totally making us look as bad as we really played. I also give BC props for keeping the fight going when the game was basically over. Keller gets very high marks as does the recieving corp for the USC game.

It looks like the defense is in the middle of a real crisis. No spirit, no heart, no fire etc.

To be honest, I really can't stand this type of attitude as a fan. I put tremendous amounts of time and money, as well emotional energy into being fan. I love the huskers and I always will. However, I won't sit there in Memorial Stadium and watch defensive play like that. I left in the third quarter. If Stevo says that "we won't stand for mediocrity".. I'm just walking the walk.

All that best fan stuff is crap... most knowledgeable fans... enjoy seeing good football...

That was one of the most boring, one-sided games I've seen in awhile... and I feel I was knowledgeable enough to know it was time to go.

To lay it on the line, defense is about schemes, but it mostly about heart, tenacity, and the burning desire to win. That is what I take pride in our team for having. Our blackskirts humiliated themselves and us... in front of the entire Nation. Needless to say, I was sick to my stomach. Its a slap in the face to the past blackshirts. Not to mention like 15 guys get blackshirts now... what a joke. I am definitely upset, but I am finally happy to have put the denial behind me. The huskers are no longer what I keep hoping they are:

1. We are not an elite program

2. Memorial Stadium is not a difficult place to win

3. Our players are not better conditioned, stronger, more disciplined, or tougher

4. Our recruiting has not gotten better (recruiting rankings are a joke... see Notre Dame)

5. We are no longer feared by anyone, anywhere, especially in our conference

To be honest, I really can't stand this type of attitude as a fan. I put tremendous amounts of time and money, as well emotional energy into being fan. I love the huskers and I always will. However, I won't sit there in Memorial Stadium and watch defensive play like that. I left in the third quarter. If Stevo says that "we won't stand for mediocrity".. I'm just walking the walk.

All that best fan stuff is crap... most knowledgeable fans... enjoy seeing good football...

That was one of the most boring, one-sided games I've seen in awhile... and I feel I was knowledgeable enough to know it was time to go.

To lay it on the line, defense is about schemes, but it mostly about heart, tenacity, and the burning desire to win. That is what I take pride in our team for having. Our blackskirts humiliated themselves and us... in front of the entire Nation. Needless to say, I was sick to my stomach. Its a slap in the face to the past blackshirts. Not to mention like 15 guys get blackshirts now... what a joke. I am definitely upset, but I am finally happy to have put the denial behind me. The huskers are no longer what I keep hoping they are:

1. We are not an elite program

2. Memorial Stadium is not a difficult place to win

3. Our players are not better conditioned, stronger, more disciplined, or tougher

4. Our recruiting has not gotten better (recruiting rankings are a joke... see Notre Dame)

5. We are no longer feared by anyone, anywhere, especially in our conference

Sorry the weather is'nt so fair right now "fan". I agree if you dont like the staff or thier performance by all means bitch up a storm, sign petitions, make picket signs, put flaming poo on Steves doorstep, whatever you want to do. But for you to leave a game where players are still on the field and then expect thier 100% makes you a hypocrite and a fake.............wait till USC starts to slip and watch how fast thier fanbase disappears and how empty thier stadium is at the end of the games they lose, I hope there arent too many glass houses in Lincoln that day.

It was disappointing to see so many leave, but I think one thing that has to be factored in is the amount we had on the line. I for one was on the edge of my seat for every snap in the first half, as if my life depended on the outcome. We were SO hopeful coming into this game, so desperate for signs of progress, that when it became apparent how we didn't belong on the same field, it really hit many Husker fans at their core, and it made it tough to watch. I commend the fans who stayed, but I don't blame the ones who left. It was nauseating to watch.

It's easy to stick together when you never lsoe more than 3 games...but I agree if I were at that game I would have stayed till the end.

On TV it looked like a lot stayed...atleast the announcers kept saying "look at these fans...never giving up and staying until the end"

so maybe compared to other teams gettin the beatdown we had a lot there...but again I wasnt there so I dunno

well we got something to hang are hat on

I watched the game till the end, though half my family left the room, swearing up and down. It was disappointing though to see so many leave. I was going crazy the first quarter when we were tied, but so many missed tackles, Cosgrove on the Omaha World Herald said the Huskers had 12 missed tackles in the Wake Forest game, so the missed tackles weren't a one game occurance. Our offense proved thtat we can move the ball through the air, bu our running game was disappointing. All I know is that me and my friends watched the game from first snap to last snap.

Sorry the weather is'nt so fair right now "fan". I agree if you dont like the staff or thier performance by all means bitch up a storm, sign petitions, make picket signs, put flaming poo on Steves doorstep, whatever you want to do. But for you to leave a game where players are still on the field and then expect thier 100% makes you a hypocrite and a fake.............wait till USC starts to slip and watch how fast thier fanbase disappears and how empty thier stadium is at the end of the games they lose, I hope there arent too many glass houses in Lincoln that day.

Sorry, but if my favorite restaurant starts serving crappy food, I'm not going to continue eating there.

I watched the game till the end, though half my family left the room, swearing up and down. It was disappointing though to see so many leave. I was going crazy the first quarter when we were tied, but so many missed tackles, Cosgrove on the Omaha World Herald said the Huskers had 12 missed tackles in the Wake Forest game, so the missed tackles weren't a one game occurance. Our offense proved thtat we can move the ball through the air, bu our running game was disappointing. All I know is that me and my friends watched the game from first snap to last snap.

you were right it happened in the Wake Forest game and in the USC game i just hope we don't do it in the Big XII or we will be in a lot of trouble against running teams. As for one thing i want to see how we will match up against a running quarterback like jOKIE state, and maybe Iowa State, and i don't think as much but maybe mizzou and Chase Daniels, he is kinda of fast but i think our defense will shut him down, i hope we shut everyone down

Sorry, but if my favorite restaurant starts serving crappy food, I'm not going to continue eating there.

Thats a great way to put it. So dont take up a booth in the restaurant anymore. Do like every other fair-weather fan and go next door till they are serving your favorite again. Then you can come back and claim to be a fan..............as long as they keep serving your favorites.

Thats a great way to put it. So dont take up a booth in the restaurant anymore. Do like every other fair-weather fan and go next door till they are serving your favorite again. Then you can come back and claim to be a fan..............as long as they keep serving your favorites.

Nice job editing your post and removing the personal attack. And no, I'm not a blind loyalist. If you want to be one, fine. Enjoy the Pedeyocrity Era.