Fire Cosgrove.com

Not buying the PPV game this Saturday would make more of a statement than any fire so-and-so.com. Money talks, bullsh#t walks.

Damn right! Don't support your team or your alma mater! Attaway, son!

:sarcasm

I'm not buying it, and I'm an alum

Disclaimer: I'll be at work. That said, I've never paid for a PPV game. If it's PPV, I go out with buddies to a bar and watch it. Does that make me less of a supporter? 3 years of season tickets, 4 years of tuition, Lord knows how much $$$ on merchandise and apparel...

I think not.

True. Didn't think about it so my apologies to people who took what I said the wrong way.

I just find Bugeater's overwhelming since of negativity to be..well...a bit frustrating. If we would've beaten USC, would he really be making all these comments? Would he buy the Ball State game? It's just 1 game and people go into panic mode. I just find it a bit lame when people refuse to see ANY positives just because they don't like the staff.

True. Didn't think about it so my apologies to people who took what I said the wrong way.

I just find Bugeater's overwhelming since of negativity to be..well...a bit frustrating. If we would've beaten USC, would he really be making all these comments? Would he buy the Ball State game? It's just 1 game and people go into panic mode. I just find it a bit lame when people refuse to see ANY positives just because they don't like the staff.

I've been in panic mode since the end of last season. If there's a positive somewhere, I'd like you to point it out to me. And no, "at least we're not Michigan or Notre Dame" isn't going to work.

I've been in panic mode since the end of last season. If there's a positive somewhere, I'd like you to point it out to me. And no, "at least we're not Michigan or Notre Dame" isn't going to work.

Come on be honest if Keller by some miracle hung touchdown for touchdown and we squeaked with a win........nobody would be saying squat about the defense..............firing coaches after one game is program suicide..........

Why on earth would anyone want coz fired if we won the game against USC (essentially "performed well")? I never got the sense that he didn't like Coz as a human being, just as NU's DC. If he had been saying, "Coz broke into my house and punched my baby right in the face! Fire him!" and then, after a win said, "Yeah, I guess he's sort of an inhuman monster, but he can win games" then there would be a problem. But since the problem is that his defense stinks, there is no hypocrisy in demanding that he be fired for the things he thinks he ought to be fired for. Also, if he thinks that people who want Coz gone ought to stop supporting the team with $$, what's wrong with that? College football is a money-making entertainment enterprise and if they can't make money doing things the way that they're being done now, then they'll have to change the way they do things. If people keep throwing cash at them regardless of their business practices, then there is no incentive to change. I'm almost certain that there was a huge amount of outside financial incentive to fire solich.

If I don't like things, I can't offer a huge donation with strings attached, but I can *not* give them money.

Hey, I'm still going to games this year and might even buy a shirt... and a stocking hat if I can't find my favorite one :( but I am just saying it's a legitimate way to voice your opinion and, unless you have millions to throw at the program, probably the only way with any real sting to it.

Come on be honest if Keller by some miracle hung touchdown for touchdown and we squeaked with a win........nobody would be saying squat about the defense..............firing coaches after one game is program suicide..........

Hmm... Nice point, Jimmy! :thumbs

Uh....wrong. Our defense gave up over 230 yards rushing to WF and I was calling for Coz's head then...and we did squeak out a win against them. Ranking 67 in rushing defense is unacceptable even if your offense lets them off the hook. But, in this case the offense was not able to do that. Even more reason for Coz to go.