Ball St.

Silent Commit were you in sect 38? Because you sound just like the guy I was by at the game. Old lady having a fit about the guy standing up the entire game, blocking her view, blah blah yet the old man didn't care, smiling and high fiving us all every nice play

what time is the Ball state game anyway?

I think it will be interesting to see how the team reacts this week. It will be a good rebound game for the defense to work on some things. Ball St has a young offense. However, there defense is all upper classmen, I think we could see the offense struggle if Ball St is able to stop the run. I hope we come out looking like World Beaters, but i doubt the heart of this team after that sorry defensive performance on saturday. Hopefully they prove me wrong, and hang 65 on Ball St while keeping them to only scoring field goals.

I would like to see Lucky have a Nevada like game and I would also like to see Keller throw some TD's.

I'm not turning this into a Marlon Lucky thread....but with all of the 'Is he/Isn't he the man' and 'hype/reality' discussions your response needs a response.

Does EVERYONE realize that in his Nebraska career, Lucky only has 3 career 100 yard games? And those games were:

Nicholls State '06

Troy '06

Nevada '07

I don't care about the 'coaches didn't give him carries' discussion. If he was TRULY the super-back (hell....even a very good back) he would have received the carries over the past few seasons. And he certainly could have gotten a 100 yard game against ONE defense ranked in the top half of college football. I, too, want to see Lucky have another game like he did against Nevada. Moreso, I'd like to see him have a GOOD performance against a Texas, A&M or OSU.

In regards to Keller this weekend....I don't so much care about the TD's....but 6 turnovers in 3 games....let's have a ZERO in that department against Ball St.

The problem making an assessment in either case is that you have to factor in the offensive line play. Personally, it has been my opinion that the line has been the offensive weak link for years. Good, capable players, perhaps, but not dominate by any means. They perform well against lesser competition, but rarely against top-notch competition.

That correlates to the stats above. Better teams, no holes for the running backs. Better teams, more pressure on the quarterback. It's part of the reason Zac Taylor was sacked so often.

It can be argued, of course, that exceptional players make plays under adverse conditions. But when we haven't been able to run, it hasn't mattered who was the running back.

We will score plenty on them...but they will score on us plenty as well because our D sucks more than Clay Aiken, backstage at an NYSNC concert.

We'll win by a touchdown or less

I took me a minute to figure that one out.....I was trying to decipher your annogram (NYSNC - thinking it stood for New York Stock.....then realized it was supposed to be N'SYNC)