Moving out of Colorado

Me moving to Colorado is still in the equation. I'm going to test for the Des Moines Police Department in January and if I don't get hired Colorado Springs PD here I come.

Not sure if the Springs will have you do a physical fitness test but be warned....the altitude here can be an a$$ kicker until you get use to it.

Me moving to Colorado is still in the equation. I'm going to test for the Des Moines Police Department in January and if I don't get hired Colorado Springs PD here I come.

Not sure if the Springs will have you do a physical fitness test but be warned....the altitude here can be an a$$ kicker until you get use to it.

I work for a Sheriff's Office out here and our physically agility test is WAY harder than the one the springs has you do. The springs has you do a 580 yard obstical course in something like 8 min. and 30 seconds. Then you do a confrontation break up where you move sand bags to certain areas in like 30 sec then you pull a trigger on a gun 6 times with each hand (no live rounds) and then you have to drag a dummy that weighs something like 135 pounds like 50 yards or something in 30 seconds. Our test is a Mile and 1/2 run in 12:51 or less, 29 push-ups in a minute, 38 sit-ups in a minute and then do a sit and reach.

I work for a Sheriff's Office out here and our physically agility test is WAY harder than the one the springs has you do. The springs has you do a 580 yard obstical course in something like 8 min. and 30 seconds. Then you do a confrontation break up where you move sand bags to certain areas in like 30 sec then you pull a trigger on a gun 6 times with each hand (no live rounds) and then you have to drag a dummy that weighs something like 135 pounds like 50 yards or something in 30 seconds. Our test is a Mile and 1/2 run in 12:51 or less, 29 push-ups in a minute, 38 sit-ups in a minute and then do a sit and reach.

BRI-take the time that you ran your test in and add 2 min to that time because of the altitude. I am sure that the Springs PD test events will be one right after the other, and by the time you get to the dummy drag, that 135lbs for 50 yards in 30 seconds is going to really suck.

not saying you wont be able to do it, just a heads up for you, the altitude kicks ass......why do you think the Olympic Training Center is in the Springs

BRI-take the time that you ran your test in and add 2 min to that time because of the altitude. I am sure that the Springs PD test events will be one right after the other, and by the time you get to the dummy drag, that 135lbs for 50 yards in 30 seconds is going to really suck.

not saying you wont be able to do it, just a heads up for you, the altitude kicks ass......why do you think the Olympic Training Center is in the Springs

Yeah I've heard it can kick your a$$. They are going to have an academy in August 2008 and I'm thinking about testing for that one at the same time I test for DMPD. That way if one doesn't hire me and the other one does it will be all worth it. If both give me an offer I'll take the DMPD job. If neither offers me I'll get drunk and pass out naked in my yard!!!! :lol:

Yeah I've heard it can kick your a$$. They are going to have an academy in August 2008 and I'm thinking about testing for that one at the same time I test for DMPD. That way if one doesn't hire me and the other one does it will be all worth it. If both give me an offer I'll take the DMPD job. If neither offers me I'll get drunk and pass out naked in my yard!!!! :lol:

...again.

...again.

*sigh*...........yes.................again!!!! Hey Rob can you tell me the good places to live in the Springs so I can look at what housing is going to cost in that area. Looking for houses between 160,000 to 200,000. Thanks for the help.

...again.

*sigh*...........yes.................again!!!! Hey Rob can you tell me the good places to live in the Springs so I can look at what housing is going to cost in that area. Looking for houses between 160,000 to 200,000. Thanks for the help.

houses in the Springs start at about $200,000, townhouses start around $150,000.....however in Fountain, about which is a suburb has some nice housing going up that is around that price range, and if you want to drive about 35 to 45 min to get to work, you can save about $50,000 and get a house in Pueblo