We lost to THE #1 TEAM...however...

...we also struggled against Wake Forest. WAKE FOREST!!!! Can you Husker fans imagine the "State of the Husker Nation" if Bowman hadn't intercepted that pass in the endzone?

Yes, USC is ranked #1. And? That #1 ranking does not justify what I've witnessed this season. If a true, realistic Husker fan is here...I hope that some skepticism exists about the rest of our season. I'm downright scared about our conference schedule! Let alone...Ball State.

Parity, schmarity. With our budget, athletic facilities, stadium and overall support of the program...we shouldn't be in this position!

After all, aren't we the "best fans in college football"? Shouldn't we expect more?

I think, deep down, those facts are what bother me the most.

We have, likely, the best facilities in college football. What's the problem??? :bonez

I agree and disagree! I agree that we as husker fans deserve more! I'm seriously starting to wonder how long this rebuilding thing is going to take. The game vs SC was a serious rude awakening to how far behind we really are. What really worries me IMO, not only do we lack talent on the field, but we also lack talent in the coaching ranks. Where I will disagree with you is that in all honesty outside of OU the big 12 looks very mediocre which is encouraging to me because it leads me to believe that every game on our schedule is winnable.

Having said all that, I will continue to live and die with the huskers and look forward to the day when all my blood, sweat, tears and loyalty are rewarded again like they were in the 90's! GBR

We have, likely, the best facilities in college football. What's the problem??? :bonez

Ummmm, you're Nebraska?

You're obviously a closet Husker fan! My guess is that for the 22 year span from 1980 to 2001 when SC was completely irrelevant to college football, you were riding the husker bandwagon! Now that SC has risen from the dead, you call yourself an SC fan. You must have really enjoyed your time as a Husker fan because you've been hanging around here so long that you've forgotten that you should be stinking up a Washington st message board this week. Sound about right!

Ummmm, you're Nebraska?

You're obviously a closet Husker fan! My guess is that for the 22 year span from 1980 to 2001 when SC was completely irrelevant to college football, you were riding the husker bandwagon! Now that SC has risen from the dead, you call yourself an SC fan. You must have really enjoyed your time as a Husker fan because you've been hanging around here so long that you've forgotten that you should be stinking up a Washington st message board this week. Sound about right!

I'd say neither a true SC fan nor Husker fan. Some people are inherently d-bags. It's unfortunate, but a fact of life.

I'm seriously starting to wonder how long this rebuilding thing is going to take.

When "the option" comes back, so will Nebraska football. Until then, don't hold your breath.

I hope for your sake you have someting better to do with your time then come on here and flame. Yes we got beat by better coaching and talent, that was obvious. You however need to start looking at the rest of your schedule and maybe think of something worth reading before posting. If you were at the game I hope you had a great time, if not congradulations on the win. Now go find someone else to irritate because you are starting to get boring. :asshat

I'm seriously starting to wonder how long this rebuilding thing is going to take.

When "the option" comes back, so will Nebraska football. Until then, don't hold your breath.

Damn, you just love to stir the pot.

Obviously he is a lonely individual if he is still on here doing this crap and it's Thursday......................so how do you guys think Ball State is going to be???

...we also struggled against Wake Forest. WAKE FOREST!!!! Can you Husker fans imagine the "State of the Husker Nation" if Bowman hadn't intercepted that pass in the endzone?

Yes, USC is ranked #1. And? That #1 ranking does not justify what I've witnessed this season. If a true, realistic Husker fan is here...I hope that some skepticism exists about the rest of our season. I'm downright scared about our conference schedule! Let alone...Ball State.

Parity, schmarity. With our budget, athletic facilities, stadium and overall support of the program...we shouldn't be in this position!

After all, aren't we the "best fans in college football"? Shouldn't we expect more?

I think, deep down, those facts are what bother me the most.

I think the next 3 weeks will give us a pretty good gauge of what this team is capable of. That said, this week worries me. I'm afraid these kids are going to come out flat as a result of last week. I hope thats not the case. Truth is Ball State is a decent team. We SHOULD have no problem with them if we are focused and not still "licking our wounds" from last week.

Oh..USC_Tradition...found this for ya'...

http://washingtonstate.rivals.com/forum.as...89&fid=1413

Does the Southern Cal athletic department publish a schedule for y'all?

Damn, you just love to stir the pot.

Obviously he is a lonely individual if he is still on here doing this crap and it's Thursday......................so how do you guys think Ball State is going to be???

I think Nebraska will come out swinging until the bell rings. The coaching staff will want to make a statement this weekend but beating Ball St. will not shut up the mouths. Convincing wins over the next 3 games will take off some of the heat until we go to Texas.