bowl elgible??

Benard

Some interesting info from Blair Kerkhoff of the KC Star:

Say the Big 12 North Division champion finishes with an overall record of 6-5. Not impossible.

And say that division champion gets clocked by any South Division winner, as no doubt it will be expected to do, in the Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead Stadium and owns a 6-6 record.

Does that make the team ineligible for a bowl game?

NCAA rules say yes. In an 11-game season, a team must have a winning record for bowl eligibility.

“We’re looking into it,” Big 12 assistant commissioner Bob Burda said.

Looking into it means asking the NCAA about a waiver for this possibility. The call went out Monday.

“Yes, we’ve heard from the Big 12,” said Dennis Poppe, the NCAA’s senior director of football. “There is no legislation to address this situation.”

story

I read that too, I find it hard to believe that if the North champ was 6-6 that a bowl game would be denied by the NCAA after North Texas got a bowl game with a losing record. I don't think it will matter though, because the Huskers are gonna win at least 2 more. IMO

I think that they will win two more also, and three if you count the bowl game.

We should win 2 more but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I'd say about a 68% chance we will 2 more. I don't think we will win our bowl game but it kinda depends who we play.

How do you call yourself a Husker fan? You don't think they will win their bowl game without knowing who they will even play. That is ridiculous. And where do you get 68% from? Are you Danny Sheridan? :wtf

Back to the subject at hand....It is quite clear to me that the ncca rulles for bowl eligible teams is clear....you play an 11 game season you must have 6 wins...we will have the 6th win agin CU or ISU...the Big 12 title game is an extra game...NOT included in the original 11 game schedule and it will not have anything to do bowl game eligible teams.....so please let this thread die...sometimes you guys give me a friggin headache....it's almost like some "fans" just sit around a look for sh#t to whine about....thats for the KSU website...peace

We should win 2 more but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I'd say about a 68% chance we will 2 more. I don't think we will win our bowl game but it kinda depends who we play.

How do you call yourself a Husker fan? You don't think they will win their bowl game without knowing who they will even play. That is ridiculous. And where do you get 68% from? Are you Danny Sheridan? :wtf

Just because I don't think we will win doesn't mean I dont want them to win. That's how I'm a fan. I just don't think we can beat any kind of quality team, especially on the road.

Just because I don't think we will win doesn't mean I dont want them to win. That's how I'm a fan. I just don't think we can beat any kind of quality team, especially on the road.

I wouldn't call Iowa State or Colorado quality opponents.

I wouldn't call Iowa State or Colorado quality opponents.

Id call colorado quality. I was mainly talking about in our bowl game however.