Steve Octavien

dbetz23

I don't care how bad it is, there is never a reason to boo our team. Pathetic. Go to Colorado.

If you were good enough to play the game get your ass out there. If your not keep your fing booing mouth shut.

NO excuse for it. None, never ever. Grow up you bunch of fing babies. Grow a pair. Get over yourselves.

WE as fans are destroying anything positive that might come from this season. Some on here are the worst, poorest excuse for Husker fans I have ever seen. Herbstreith said it best you are embarassing yourselve.

I never thougt I would see this day. Sad day in Husker history when we endorse booing any team let alone our own. Disgusting.

A lot of you have totally lost any credibility you might have had.

Get the f off the bandwagon, you bunch of babies.

BTW do you think most people care about their credibility on an internet message board? Maybe you should grow up...

I don't care how bad your team is playing, you don't boo them. That's kinda like rubbing salt in the wound, kicking a man when he's down. They know they aren't playing good, they don't need fans to boo them. No matter what you think booing will not make them play better.

At least it shows there is still some fight and some pride left in him. I'll never boo the Big Red, but I can't say the same for the coaching staff. I've been a Callahan supporter, but if he doesn't get rid of Cosgrove then they all need to go.

Okay, I've admitted that booing is not classy.. not right, the players don't deserve it.

But seriously, to you militant-anti-booers.. you people must be saints. I mean I guess you guys can keep your emotions in check even when all hell is breaking loose huh?

Come on, unless you're a nun... or you're really not that emotionally invested in the Huskers as a fan.. your emotions are going to get out of hand from time to time when the sky is falling like it did today.

I can justify the booing, but it does not make it right... all I'm saying is I, at least, was not intending to dishearten the players, I thought I was sending a message to the coaches, and a general disapproval of how bad Ball State was lighting us up. I, like a lot of other fans at the game, were completely frustrated by the repeated huge plays that Ball State was making and emotions got a bit out of hand and we booed a couple times.

Like I said before, just about anywhere else and the Defense would have had a full-scale mutiny on their hands.

I don't care how bad your team is playing, you don't boo them. That's kinda like rubbing salt in the wound, kicking a man when he's down. They know they aren't playing good, they don't need fans to boo them. No matter what you think booing will not make them play better.

At least it shows there is still some fight and some pride left in him. I'll never boo the Big Red, but I can't say the same for the coaching staff. I've been a Callahan supporter, but if he doesn't get rid of Cosgrove then they all need to go.

I think it would be wise if Cally waited until the end of the season to fire Coz.

I've never understood booing. People will see that "well, I was booing the coaches." Well, guess what, the players hear it too. You think the players know you are booing and one of the 100 people on the sidelines? No. They are playing the game, the fans are watching the game. The fans boo, the player hear it. I don't care how bad it get's, I think booing your own team during a game is dumb.

It's gotta be frustrating as a player to hear that. Octo was one of the only backers that was running around the field, getting his nose in plays so it's gotta be even more frustrating.

I agree Dave.

The guy just got out of a game that he played well but the folks around him did not with the exception of Dillard( Who shbould be starting IMO).

He had to be frustrated. Cut him some slack.

I think there's just two schools of thought here. I mean it's like a republican vs democrat debate. Republicans seem to think that if you criticize the government you're un-american, Democrats seem to think that if you criticize the government you're being a responsible american.

Here we have people that think that criticizing the team is un-husker and some of us think that it's the responsibility of a husker fan to voice their distaste.

Two fundamentally different schools of thought that are NOT going to be reconciled, especially not on a message board.

And yeah Potter played pretty damn well, his family was sitting right behind me and we were all cheering our asses off for him most of the game.