Now we know what mediocrity looks like

What a depressing article... depressing because it's true. I'm not sure if it can all be placed on Cosgrove, but a lot of it can, and it's bizarre that a team struggling to retain some sort of dominance hasn't realized this sooner. You just look at Cosgrove's "resume" Watch him on the sidelines... see where our defense is now. Why can every Nebraska fan see this and yet the powers that be ignore it?

It's kind of like we see what's his face in the whitehouse and ask... how can he be there? But no one does anything about it.

Sorry... had to throw that in there.

somethings gotta be happening behind closed doors

PUD won't say a word until after the season about Coz's job. That wouldn't be professional but he is probably letting Clown know that he is surprised by the team's lack of performance.

Why do you insist on calling him Clown or Clownahan??? Are you turning into a sCUm fan because that is the type of B.S. they like to pull. :dunno

PUD won't say a word until after the season about Coz's job. That wouldn't be professional but he is probably letting Clown know that he is surprised by the team's lack of performance.

Why do you insist on calling him Clown or Clownahan??? Are you turning into a sCUm fan because that is the type of B.S. they like to pull. :dunno

I got the nickname here, but i will stop using it if it hurts your feelings. It's seems ok to make fun of Coz and Pud though, right????

I got the nickname here, but i will stop using it if it hurts your feelings. It's seems ok to make fun of Coz and Pud though, right????

It doesn't hurt my feelings smartelick!!!! <_< Don't start putting words in my mouth here I'm just saying that Cally isn't the problem Coz is!

It doesn't hurt my feelings smartelick!!!! <_< Don't start putting words in my mouth here I'm just saying that Cally isn't the problem Coz is!

But he is the problem, he is the HEAD COACH!!! He is responsible for the actions of his assistants. Am I right or wrong? He hired Cos and now he needs to fire him!!!

But he is the problem, he is the HEAD COACH!!! He is responsible for the actions of his assistants. Am I right or wrong? He hired Cos and now he needs to fire him!!!

I think if he doesn't react to this problem then yeah it's can turn around and blow up in his face. However he is not a defensive minded coach. He's an offensive minded coach so he probably puts about 80% of the responsiblility if not more on Coz's shoulders for how the defense is run. I'm not saying he doesn't know crap about defense I mean he has to know some to get where he is at, but he's known as an offensive guy.

The hiring of Cosgrove is definitely on Callahan. It's a mistake he needs to fix at the end of the season, unless Cosgrove somehow does something that he hasn't done in years (field a good defense for the rest of the season).

At this point, though, I think it's also on Callahan to step in and find a way to make some improvements with the defense. Cosgrove obviously isn't, so Callahan needs to figure out a way to at least help Cosgrove eek out an average defense this season. I think sticking with the one or two full pads a week practices should help along with taking away the blackshirts thereby forcing everyone to earn them back each week. Callahan needs to step in and do some things like that, because it's true he's the head coach, so he's gotta do what he can since I don't think firing the DC mid-season is a good idea.

The hiring of Cosgrove is definitely on Callahan. It's a mistake he needs to fix at the end of the season, unless Cosgrove somehow does something that he hasn't done in years (field a good defense for the rest of the season).

At this point, though, I think it's also on Callahan to step in and find a way to make some improvements with the defense. Cosgrove obviously isn't, so Callahan needs to figure out a way to at least help Cosgrove eek out an average defense this season. I think sticking with the one or two full pads a week practices should help along with taking away the blackshirts thereby forcing everyone to earn them back each week. Callahan needs to step in and do some things like that, because it's true he's the head coach, so he's gotta do what he can since I don't think firing the DC mid-season is a good idea.

The hiring of Callahan is definitely on Pederson and the hiring of Peterson is on Harvey Perlman, Chancellor. who gave Pederson the extension so he could give Callahan an extension. To kill the beast you must cut the head off. :LOLtartar

The more I think about it the more I agree that firing him right now could be bad. I do agree that Callahan needs to step in and maybe give up some of his offensive duties to the offensive coordinator so he can oversee more of the defense. The offense (minus the run blocking!) is doing fine and I think he needs to pay attention to what's going on over on the defensive side of the ball because it's inhibiting how good this team could be.