Silent Treatment

HuskerBCS

Since everyone here seems to think that booing and starting chants is a bad idea (which I somewhat agree with), I think we should all be silent when the defense is on the field. If they are playing poorly, the whole stadium should be quite (like it is on offense) and let the defense play without OUR help. Who thinks this is a good idea?

Unfortunately, it seems to be up to the media to pass judgments. We are not supposed to boo or chant (which I understand), but when I heard our fans booing I immediately thought, well the media will run with this one. The problem is that some in the media (and fans, even on this site) tend to overreact on issues they think are extremely important (see mike gundy). I agree with what he said and that reporter deserved to be called out. Our defense deserved to be called out, but booing or responding like that seems to be kicking them when they are down. And that is something I really hate seeing, especially in something like my favorite football team.

Since booing and now the silent treatment don't seem to be fairly popular, how should Husker fans voice their displeasure? Are we expected to sit idly by and not say/do anything?

Here's an idea. When the Defense takes the field everyone yell "De-Fense" at the top of their lungs for the entire series.

Then if they lay an egg on that series at the start of the next series the entire stadium in unison turn their backs on the field. Sounds harsh but it would send the message without booing.

I'd rather they do well so they can throw some of these: :bonez

I am going ot treat it this way. If I have something to cheer/boo about then I am going to. It was said by a couple of my friends this week after our last game dont do this :hellloooo and expect a reaction. Flapping your arms wont make me yell any louder. Your play on the field will make me yell.

Anyone else notice where McKeon made an excuse about not hearing checks because the crowds were too loud? He did say the crowds were great but they were too loud to hear. Wheres the line drawn?

I attended the Arkansas/Kentucky game last Saturday and the Hog fans booed the team and Houston Nutt during the second half that was filled with ineptness and sloppy play. I sent an e-mail to the local Sports Editor today telling him that "good fans" don't boo no matter what the circumstance. I used Nebraska as my example of "good fans." Please don't fall into the trap of booing every time your team does not respond to a certain expectation. I have always respected the Husker fans and the Husker program as one of the flagships of college football. Please stay loyal and if your beloved Huskers don't quite meet your expectations, cheer louder. You will be shocked at the team response