Corey McKeon

np_husker

These guys have access to the abuse. In the past, the players couldn't see or hear you criticize their play. Now all they have to do is come to Huskerboard for some good demoralization. People don't come up to these kids and tell them they suck. They read about it here. If you wouldn't walk up to one of these players faces and say the stuff you write here, its got no business being posted. Just my opinion. Talk all you want about how bad they're playing in Scottsbluff or wherever you live. They can't hear you there.

Well in essence they can "hear it" from there right?

I'm saying that its one thing to sit in a bar and talk about how bad they're playing but something else to post it where the players can see it. Everyone blames these kids for not being able to handle the pressure like in the past. Well the pressure now is more than ever. Because of message boards and unreasonable expectations.

Amen, brother. You are right on. The internet is a terrible thing for the players because human nature is that it is 100 times easier to complain and gripe than it is to support and encourage and thus these boards are overwhelmingly dedicated to beating down rather than building up.

These players hear it all and all they did was show up and work hard only to hear how bad they collectively and individually suck.

These kids have it hard and we are the ones doing it to them.

why are you disgusted in McKeon?

He was just being honest and telling it like it is and for that I am proud of him. I got his back. You should too.

If playing football for the University of Nebraska is such a burden, he should quit the team!

Can you imagine anyone from Osborne's teams or even Solich's teams talking like that? I sure can't.

I take it you never got to know any of these players personally

Players in the past may have had low energy from time to time and maybe even got to feeling down, but they sure didn't stand in front of a mic and feel sorry for themselves.

It's amazing how just hearing Corey's voice fluctuations takes me back to my College days.

How much time is involved trying to graduate on time and still spend 6-7 hours just on FB.

Half the time I saw My cousin or his Roomate at the Dorm, they were sleepwalking.

Their faith pulled them through.

I congratulate Corey for being so honest in front of the mic.

He was just being honest and telling it like it is and for that I am proud of him. I got his back. You should too.

If playing football for the University of Nebraska is such a burden, he should quit the team!

Can you imagine anyone from Osborne's teams or even Solich's teams talking like that? I sure can't.

Players in the past may have had low energy from time to time and maybe even got to feeling down, but they sure didn't stand in front of a mic and feel sorry for themselves.

It's amazing how just hearing Corey's voice fluctuations takes me back to my College days.

How much time is involved trying to graduate on time and still spend 6-7 hours just on FB.

Half the time I saw My cousin or his Roomate at the Dorm, they were sleepwalking.

yep, Corey is the first guy to have it so tough, this has never happened to any other college football player, no one has ever felt as bad as Corey, ever. :hmmph

Although I feel what he's saying on a level does he think it's going to get better when they perform bad? I do agree that no Booing should take place and personally if I see someone doing it I'll get in their face. It's crap and immature. This is OUR team. We are Nebraska...the team and the fans. We should be hurt at bad performance but never BOO anyone....we are Nebraska fans not freaking a-hole buffs.

With that said...the comments online will go away if you just STOP SOMEONE. Hold ISU to under 200 yards and I will sing you praise all damn week.

yep, Corey is the first guy to have it so tough, this has never happened to any other college football player, no one has ever felt as bad as Corey, ever. :hmmph

That was the point of my post!

He ISN't the 1st.

Just one of the 1st to admit it in public.

Back in the day, My cousin and his roomate were both 3 yr starters on offense during the "Scoring Explosion" years..It was hard enough for THEM to live up to expectations..Imagine being a Defensive starter then. The papers might point out that the blackshirts were a weak spot but our players weren't inundated by personal attacks like I've seen levied against Grixby and from now on McKeon like they are here.

And as a radio host just pointed out on the station, most everybody would PAY, would give ANYTHING, to snap the helmet back up and play again, particularly for Nebraska. You're not having FUN?!

Suck it up. You have a full ride to play at one of the top programs in the game. Everybody plays hurt. Because most people, especially me, would give anything to be in that situation.

Exactly.

If the "fan pressure" is getting to you, you shouldn't be a football player. If you have problems getting motivated to play football for Nebraska, you shouldn't be a football player. If your best excuse is "I'm not having fun," you have no work ethic, and thus you are not a football player.

Strap 'em up and hit somebody, you pu&&y!

you don't have to get that close to see the attitude, it reads pretty simple if you understand English.

Actually, you do.

To get past the "Public personna", and even then..most guys won't let someone else see what's perceived as weakness.

College FB is a strange hybrid, but it still depends a great deal on emotion...If you're Physically and emotionally spent, you're not much good to anybody.

And as a radio host just pointed out on the station, most everybody would PAY, would give ANYTHING, to snap the helmet back up and play again, particularly for Nebraska. You're not having FUN?!

Suck it up. You have a full ride to play at one of the top programs in the game. Everybody plays hurt. Because most people, especially me, would give anything to be in that situation.

Exactly.

If the "fan pressure" is getting to you, you shouldn't be a football player. If you have problems getting motivated to play football for Nebraska, you shouldn't be a football player. If your best excuse is "I'm not having fun," you have no work ethic, and thus you are not a football player.

Strap 'em up and hit somebody, you pu&&y!

Imagine how many yards we'd give up if WE were playing..Even in our 20yr old bodies.

I'd be depressed the next week, too...And doubt I'd want to even play for CU fans for a whole season.

Well obviously they tried the "we did terrible, lets work our ass off for a week to dominate the next team" after the USC game and that didn't work...so I figure a new approach couldn't hurt anything.

Football is a game, and is meant to be fun.McKeon probably isn't going to the NFL, so having fun is probably the way we can get the most out of him...and the entire defense.

Good post robsker. Support the team good, bad or ugly. Once again, I say these are student athletes. Their #1 job is an education. I'm soory football is not fun anymore- I hope he finds a way to make it fun again. We need to support the team not help demoralize it. I hope you are reading this Corey- not everyone is so unsupportive. FIND the fun for your own sake.

This is awesome.

You listen to a guy talk for 20+ minutes and some of you don't understand what he was talking about or just flat out didn't hear some of it. Unreal.

I guess I am assuming those of you who I am talking about saw or listened to the entire thing. I really think you'd have to see it to get the full effect of what he's talking about. Like most press conferences, seeing it in print or even hearing it isn't the same as seeing it.

McKeon is right about the personal insults that have been levied against our defenders. It's obvious he and a lot of the others aren't playing well. But especially on this board I read all the time people saying such and such a backup has a much better work ethic/more determination than such and such a starter. How do we know any of this? He's right, we don't see the practices.

It's one thing to say McKeon isn't playing well, Dillard might be better and deserves more reps, but when it comes to attacking whether someone is really committed to the team or not, I think it's a bit unfair.

More important than being unfair, I don't think it's constructive for our players. It has the same impact as booing our own team in a close game. It just adds pressure to what is already a difficult situation.

If you want to attack our defenders, attack me! I'm a man! I'm 40!...

...sorry, couldn't resist a Gundy jab