McKeon comments make national news

np_husker

Let's see the differences between these people and their comments to the media:

Keller: Dirk Koetter guy

McKeon and Octavien: Coz and Cally guys for 4 years.

All to do with the coaching and expectations.

Are you suggesting how a kid deals with the media relates to their coaches? NO! If they make fools of themselves, it's up to the coaches to correct them (e.g, what Callahan said to Octavien). Rudy Carpenter is a Dirk Koetter guy, and he makes an ass of himself to the media, with all his "I couldn't care less" about what Keller and his dad are doing. I mean, seriously.

Let's see the differences between these people and their comments to the media:

Keller: Dirk Koetter guy

McKeon and Octavien: Coz and Cally guys for 4 years.

All to do with the coaching and expectations.

Are you suggesting how a kid deals with the media relates to their coaches? NO! If they make fools of themselves, it's up to the coaches to correct them (e.g, what Callahan said to Octavien). Rudy Carpenter is a Dirk Koetter guy, and he makes an ass of himself to the media, with all his "I couldn't care less" about what Keller and his dad are doing. I mean, seriously.

Guess what Zoogies.....players have media training from the coaches every year and after every game they talk to players about the game and reactions. If a player says something in the off season or summer then no, it's not the coaches...

BUT players get media coaching.....you have no idea what you are talking about.

And Carpenter says things about Keller and his dad, not his teammates and the fans...their is a huge difference unless somehow NU plays ASU this year.

my guess is you won't respond to this.

I BLEED RED, players do get media coaching. But you're taking three players and what they said and suggesting Callahan can't coach players to speak to the media while other coaches can. I really don't think that's a valid point. My point was that different people have different personalities, and Keller's rarely adept at handling the media. It's not to Koetter's credit, and neither are the emotion-charged mistakes of Octavien and McKeon. Players make mistakes, and there's a lot of frustration going on with the team right now. Can you really blame that on the coaches? Do you really think the players aren't justified in just feeling a little cool towards the fans who have been leaving, criticizing, and booing them these past two games?

I don't think so, and Callahan, for one, is also very adept at handling the media.

I have no doubts that you know more about players getting media coaching than I do (you have coaching experience, if I recall), but honestly, I just don't see the merit of your original point.

Hey Corey, pull up your skirt; , and play some football. This crybaby sh#t is getting very very old by these players. If you can't handle the heat, then get the f**k out of the kitchen. If these numnuts really thought they'd hear nothing but cheers after allowing an opponent to put 600+ yards in our house, they must not have gotten the memo that they don't play for Baylor!

well said.

Hey Corey, pull up your skirt; , and play some football. This crybaby sh#t is getting very very old by these players. If you can't handle the heat, then get the f**k out of the kitchen. If these numnuts really thought they'd hear nothing but cheers after allowing an opponent to put 600+ yards in our house, they must not have gotten the memo that they don't play for Baylor!

well said.

very well said.

I BLEED RED, players do get media coaching. But you're taking three players and what they said and suggesting Callahan can't coach players to speak to the media while other coaches can. I really don't think that's a valid point. My point was that different people have different personalities, and Keller's rarely adept at handling the media. It's not to Koetter's credit, and neither are the emotion-charged mistakes of Octavien and McKeon. Players make mistakes, and there's a lot of frustration going on with the team right now. Can you really blame that on the coaches? Do you really think the players aren't justified in just feeling a little cool towards the fans who have been leaving, criticizing, and booing them these past two games?

I don't think so, and Callahan, for one, is also very adept at handling the media.

I have no doubts that you know more about players getting media coaching than I do (you have coaching experience, if I recall), but honestly, I just don't see the merit of your original point.

My point was that COZ more than Cally is the issue in this and Coz should have been telling his defense....

"Listen to those boos, we need to pick it up. If you won't play hard then the guy behind you will. This is NU football and you need to play better. I don't want to hear any excuses from any of you. This is BALL ST."

If he said that then I doubt they would have made excuses. My guess is that he was more passive and the players started being pissing towards the fans. They should know they suck and not make excuses. They should be embarrassed. I blame Coz for letting the linebackers think they can deflect the real issue.