vs. Iowa St Wrap-up

We won. ISU almost doubled our time of possession so the D was on the field alot. I believe ISU ran 105 plays and the D only gave up 17 points so not bad. A couple special teams penalties put the D back out there after they had ISU stopped. First quarter was sloppy by both teams as Nebraska had 3 turnovers. Lucy fumbled one into the endzone trying to stretch for the goalline on one. The offense was so-so but really seemed to click on a few series. Adi did a great job on kickoffs and boomed one through the uprights!

Still much work needs to be done in all phases of game but improvement is visible.

Sounded really, really ugly on the radio. The 3 picks are nice, but the D still gave up over 400 yards. Also sounded like we couldn't stop the slant (again) or a 3rd down conversion (that would explain the 100 plays). I had a feeling that our offense might struggle a little against a top 50 defense.

Still lots and lots of work to do.....and the seasons almost half over already.

Sounded really, really ugly on the radio. The 3 picks are nice, but the D still gave up over 400 yards. Also sounded like we couldn't stop the slant (again) or a 3rd down conversion (that would explain the 100 plays). I had a feeling that our offense might struggle a little against a top 50 defense.

Still lots and lots of work to do.....and the seasons almost half over already.

I somewhat agree with you assessment of our inability to stop the "slant"...BUT...I was encoraged that Ruud's 93 yard INT return came as the result of stopping the slant. I think everyone knew it was coming and Grix made a great play to break it up and Ruud was in the right place at the right time. Not exactly sure about this...but it didn't seem to me that they completed many more of those slants after that...

What if #9 would have tossed the ball away right before the half and we got 2 more shots at scoring before the half and the final score was 42-17? Would people have been happier with the outcome?

Obviously the more points we score the happier people would be. I think the main grip is still the defense. They did play better or seemed to play better, but alot of that could be the horrendous offense ISU has. I noticed the linebackers managed to stay home more which is good. Its amazing how easy it is to stop misdirection if the linebackers stay home. :sarcasm