missouri's sched?

I am I

hey guys, what do you think about the fact that Mizzery hasn't really played anyone. granted, they beat a syracuse team in week one who went on to stomp Louisville but have they played anyone with REAL speed (like USC) or with a winning mentality (like ACC champ Wake)?

in other words, can they just turn 'it' on and play at a level that requires more speed and execution. i know they have a week off to prepare, but sometimes that can backfire some on the physical level because their scout team doesn't run like our starters. they may be mentaly ready as far as schemes, but i think since we have been playing better opponents in tighter games our 'edge' will equal their week off.

thoughts on this?

hey guys, what do you think about the fact that Mizzery hasn't really played anyone. granted, they beat a syracuse team in week one who went on to stomp Louisville but have they played anyone with REAL speed (like USC) or with a winning mentality (like ACC champ Wake)?

in other words, can they just turn 'it' on and play at a level that requires more speed and execution. i know they have a week off to prepare, but sometimes that can backfire some on the physical level because their scout team doesn't run like our starters. they may be mentaly ready as far as schemes, but i think since we have been playing better opponents in tighter games our 'edge' will equal their week off.

thoughts on this?

History suggests that the team with two weeks off (in this case Missouri) has the advantage if the team that did play last weak (in this case NU) played poorly or got banged up (or both). If the team that played the week before (NU) played well and are not nicked up, the advantage is with the team that played (NU).

So,... did the Huskers play well last week? They played OK. They certainly played better than they did the week before that. Did they get nicked up? I think maybe. Suh, Steinkuler, Grix all went out for some of the game. So, I think it is tough to say.

Also, two weeks off is more of an an advantage to a good coaching staff.

In the final analysis, I'd guess that it will not be much of a factor.

In answer to the question, "Can they turn it on"? I would guess yes. They really want to kill NU and I think they will unless the Huskers put together their best 4 quarters of this season.

Our D better be head and shoulders better than they have been the last three weeks or holding Missouri to below 40 points seems unlikely. Perhaps NU can also score 40 points. Who knows?

I think Mizzou's schedule is definitely stronger than, say, Kansas. MU's offense is solid, but I don't think they match up against our defense any better than we match up against theirs. The Husker D (I'm not calling them "Blackshirts" yet) made some improvements on Saturday. The fact that ISU ran over 100 plays and still lost is a good sign. I think the insane play count they ran is more due to offensive and special teams failures than defensive play. Maybe they could have gotten more three-and-outs, but when you essentially turn the ball over 7 times in a game, your defense is going to get a bit tired.

I say we win by a field goal. 30-27. Neither team will have the ball long enough to put 40 points on the board.

we will have to play our ass off to beat them.

yeah espcially at Columbia. And especially since they are ranked, and we know how good Callahan is on the road, against ranked teams.

I really think both of our teams are evenly matched. It'll be a high scoring, good game I think. Let's see what happens on Saturday!!!! It'll be a big party at the house I'm watching it! :bonez

yeah, i think they will be ready to play too.

i just hoped they get a little too psyched up early this week in anticipation and kind of blow their wad early on.

i would expect a couple of big (if not trick) plays early in the game from them, and if we can withstand them, then i think the fight will be on. we have to take this on into the second half cuz they will be ready early.

thoughts on this?

Missouri actually played Illinois in week one on a neutral field in St Louis, then traveled to Ole Miss and played a rebels team that gave Florida fits. What does it all mean? Nothing, it will be an exciting game Saturday in Columbia, I agree with the folks who say it will be high scoring, turnovers without a doubt will decide the winner.

thoughts on this?

Huhh? Syracuse? Tigers didn"t play those. No winning records? Huhhh?Illinois?

Maybe we should play a TOUGH BALLL State! an give up 40 POINTS! Try that on.

:moreinteresting