OK State game not on TV

This has just been updated from this morning.

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl...otbl-sched.html

What's the update (as there is no info about our game other than where it's being played)?

Earlier this morning there was not game times announced for any Big XII games.

Texas at Iowa State FSN 11:30 a.m.

Texas A&M at Texas Tech ABC 2:30 p.m.

Missouri at Oklahoma FSN 5:30 p.m.

Colorado at Kansas State ESPN2 8:15 p.m

Why is the A&M/Tech game on TV?

According to 1620 The Zone, the Oct 13th game against OK State will not be televised. Possibly PPV.

At the beginning of the season I thought all of our games except Ball State would be televised and obviously that's not the way it's going. Not good.

Unless the Huskers turn things around in the next few years, then expect that by 2009 or so not to see any Husker games on TV except when we play the foil (the team who is supposed to be rolled) by a national power. Maybe a game or two a year, at best.

As the team moves into mediocrity it will continually move towards irrelevance as well and become increasingly obscure. Try to find a Nebraska hat at a Wal-mart, K-Mart or Target anywhere outside of Nebraska and it is almost impossible --- Louisville, Michigan, Miami, Florida State, USC, Ohio State Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, Florida, Cal, Oregon, yes ---- but NU, no.

It is amazing how NU football has gone from forefront to forgotten so rapidly.

Unless the Huskers turn things around in the next few years, then expect that by 2009 or so not to see any Husker games on TV except when we play the foil (the team who is supposed to be rolled) by a national power. Maybe a game or two a year, at best.

As the team moves into mediocrity it will continually move towards irrelevance as well and become increasingly obscure. Try to find a Nebraska hat at a Wal-mart, K-Mart or Target anywhere outside of Nebraska and it is almost impossible --- Louisville, Michigan, Miami, Florida State, USC, Ohio State Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, Florida, Cal, Oregon, yes ---- but NU, no.

It is amazing how NU football has gone from forefront to forgotten so rapidly.

I agree and I wonder what Pederson thinks about this.

Sounds to me like the networks think Nebraska will lose to Missouri and not worth putting on TV the following week.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

The only thing I can think of for the TAMU/Tech game is that it should be another shootout, and the networks love those. There's also that whole Fran thing going, I guess. UT @ ISU? That is really an odd one. ISU stinks and UT hasn't looked good except for their pasting of Rice.

We've been on TV three times - @UGA, @Troy, and TTU. As Robsker said, it's mostly because we've been the 'foil'. Yeah, Washington Generals!

Looks like Colorado & Kansas State are getting a lot of play for their wins over OU & UT.......

And, apparently, the rivalry of A&M / TT is considered more "TV-worthy" than OSU / NU.

Just maybe it's time for the Big 12 Network to take shape for better coverage of all the games (and other sports too)..... a la the "Big Ten Network".

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

The only thing I can think of for the TAMU/Tech game is that it should be another shootout, and the networks love those. There's also that whole Fran thing going, I guess. UT @ ISU? That is really an odd one. ISU stinks and UT hasn't looked good except for their pasting of Rice.

We've been on TV three times - @UGA, @Troy, and TTU. As Robsker said, it's mostly because we've been the 'foil'. Yeah, Washington Generals!

A&M/Tech is a big rivalry (between the schools). Most of these games come down to field goals over the past 5 years or so.

I have to believe that the Husker game will be picked up by PPV & Husker sports bars will show it.