How many freshman will start next year?

kramer

I wouldn't be out of the question to see 9-12 players next year be either freshman or sophmore seeing extensive playing time. Most of them on the offensive side. Although Dillard has a great shot at playing LB. He'll get beat up a little because of the adjustment to the speed of the college game. Also will see a couple freshman DT, but default almost, lack of depth.

I wouldn't be out of the question to see 9-12 players next year be either freshman or sophmore seeing extensive playing time. Most of them on the offensive side. Although Dillard has a great shot at playing LB. He'll get beat up a little because of the adjustment to the speed of the college game. Also will see a couple freshman DT, but default almost, lack of depth.

who do you think those 9-12 will be?

beck, and nunn i suppose kinda starts, grixby, dilliard possibly? who else?

I wouldn't be out of the question to see 9-12 players next year be either  freshman or sophmore seeing extensive playing time.  Most of them on the offensive side.  Although Dillard has a great shot at playing LB.  He'll get beat up a little because of the adjustment to the speed of the college game.  Also will see a couple freshman DT, but default almost, lack of depth.

Freshman

Beck QB

Lucky RB

Leon Jackson DB

Dillard LB

Congdon K

Broderick Hunter WR

Soph.

Nunn WR

Grixby DB

Murtha OL

Schuler (if healthy) OL

Brandon Jackson RB

This list doesn't include any of the remaining recruits that we might get. And as I said we are still in on quite a few high profile, high impact type guys.

I wouldn't be out of the question to see 9-12 players next year be either  freshman or sophmore seeing extensive playing time.  Most of them on the offensive side.  Although Dillard has a great shot at playing LB.  He'll get beat up a little because of the adjustment to the speed of the college game.  Also will see a couple freshman DT, but default almost, lack of depth.

Freshman

Beck QB

Lucky RB

Leon Jackson DB

Dillard LB

Congdon K

Broderick Hunter WR

Soph.

Nunn WR

Grixby DB

Murtha OL

Schuler (if healthy) OL

Brandon Jackson RB

This list doesn't include any of the remaining recruits that we might get. And as I said we are still in on quite a few high profile, high impact type guys.

if jackson and grixby are starting as db's then where is fabian and this almighty juco bowman?

Running back how can you start both lucky and jackson? And our player in ross isn't going to start?

Broderick hunter has alot of guys to beat out for him to be starting, he may rotate.

schular isn't even on the dang team, that is a huge stretch.

Your exagerrating alot in your theories.

Freshman

Beck QB

Lucky RB

Leon Jackson DB

Dillard LB

Congdon K

Broderick Hunter WR

Soph.

Nunn WR

Grixby DB

Murtha OL

Schuler (if healthy) OL

Brandon Jackson RB

if jackson and grixby are starting as db's then where is fabian and this almighty juco bowman?

Running back how can you start both lucky and jackson? And our player in ross isn't going to start?

Broderick hunter has alot of guys to beat out for him to be starting, he may rotate.

I think he was saying which ones would play. I think if a receiver can come in and CATCH the ball he will play. You don't think the Juco kid is going to be any good? We'll see what happens.

Nothing against Ross, but as the season progresses I believe Jackson will get the nod as I-back next year. Lucky will get some time in the rotation as will Ross, but Jackson gets the nod. He's made his freshman mistakes this year putting the ball on the turf, but he's made a lot of progress. Hell, the guy was a Hodge 150 player coming in this year. Lucky won't start because he'll make the same freshman mistakes as Jackson. However, by the end of the year he'll be playing a lot. It's a shame Ross will ride the pine, but that's how it is when a new coach comes in during your tenure. It's just like when a new manager is hired for a company. There are a certain amount of employees that are replaced because the new boss wants his/her people.

Tierre Green really gets the shaft in my opinion. I doubt he'll see the field other than special teams. Hopefully Lucky is smart enough to redshirt. I believe that a skill position player should almost always redshirt unless there just isn't enough depth. Jackson probably should have redshirted this year because we did have Ross and Green.

Unfortunately, next year we will again be having a first year starting Quarterback. I'm afraid we may see a lot of the same as this year until we get a QB with adequate experience. Hopefully, we have some blowouts (when we're blowing someone out) so that 2 or 3 QB's can gain that vital gametime experience. Joe D. was patient sitting behind Lord, but I don't think his ego can manage that the rest of his career. He's athletic. I hope he is willing to change positions, or he will just be another player riding the pine complaining while locking up a scholarship.

There should be string of young receivers playing a lot. I'm sure Callahan will bring in some speed and heighth. As long as they can catch the ball and not let coverages confuse them, we should be fine here. The defense needs a makeover especially at the Linebacker position. I hate seeing freshman Linebackers, but as long as they have speed they can make up for some of their mistakes. The secondary needs experienced players. We will have the Bullock brothers, but we need more to go with them. We have played freshmen here before, so I would expect to see a couple or more play a lot.

Next year IMO really hinges on the QB position. This is where success or failure as a team will take place.

Freshman

Beck QB

Lucky RB

Leon Jackson DB

Dillard LB

Congdon K

Broderick Hunter WR

Soph.

Nunn WR

Grixby DB

Murtha OL

Schuler (if healthy) OL

Brandon Jackson RB

I think he was saying which ones would play. I think if a receiver can come in and CATCH the ball he will play. You don't think the Juco kid is going to be any good? We'll see what happens.

Take out Schuler, and you still have at least 10 young guys getting a lot of playing time

Freshman

Beck QB

Lucky RB

Leon Jackson DB

Dillard LB

Congdon K

Broderick Hunter WR

Soph.

Nunn WR

Grixby DB

Murtha OL

Schuler (if healthy) OL

Brandon Jackson RB

Take out Schuler, and you still have at least 10 young guys getting a lot of playing time

I thought we were talking starting. Hell everyone plays because he doesn't redshirt.

Freshman

Beck QB

Lucky RB

Leon Jackson DB

Dillard LB

Congdon K

Broderick Hunter WR

Soph.

Nunn WR

Grixby DB

Murtha OL

Schuler (if healthy) OL

Brandon Jackson RB

I thought we were talking starting. Hell everyone plays because he doesn't redshirt.

Your wrong on that statement. Heck your love child McCray hasn't played yet.

ross will start all of next year if healthy, he is that good. Has to have right shoes though.

No doubt Ross starts, but Lucky is going to get his fair share of carries for one simply reason ...SPEED. He's got it and Ross doesn't. How runs over 30 yards this year?? 2, if that. Yeah he caught a long screen "pass" but that isn't the same as busting through the line and scoring a 60 yarder.