for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

I think we need a change...ANY change to fire these kids up and make them play up to their "potential". We have 2 lead coaches that are these type of..."well Im proud of how are kids played and they fought tonight" attitude that is so laid back it makes me sick! We need someone with some fire in them to make theses kids believe in themselves and the system.

You know what, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing about "recruiting" If these Bozo's are so great at RECRUITING, why are we getting the crap kicked out of us???!!!! Answer me that Mr. "tell me how firing Coz would help" The Univeristy of Nebraska football team SUCKS!!!! The blame starts at the top with Pearlman and Pud and their lack of planning prior to canning Frank. Sooner or later, maybe even this year when the Huskers don't go bowling for the SECOND time in this "BC ERA" some of you cheerleaders will get a clue!!!

I think we need a change...ANY change to fire these kids up and make them play up to their "potential". We have 2 lead coaches that are these type of..."well Im proud of how are kids played and they fought tonight" attitude that is so laid back it makes me sick! We need someone with some fire in them to make theses kids believe in themselves and the system.

You know what, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing about "recruiting" If these Bozo's are so great at RECRUITING, why are we getting the crap kicked out of us???!!!! Answer me that Mr. "tell me how firing Coz would help" The Univeristy of Nebraska football team SUCKS!!!! The blame starts at the top with Pearlman and Pud and their lack of planning prior to canning Frank. Sooner or later, maybe even this year when the Huskers don't go bowling for the SECOND time in this "BC ERA" some of you cheerleaders will get a clue!!!

Do you seriously not understand the answer to that? It takes more than just recruiting. While the talent on the defense is not the best in the nation, they certainly should be playing better than they are (or have been).

are you not familiar with oklahoma?

I'm still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable replacement in the middle of the season. There isn't any aspect of the defense that looks good, so who can you promote to the new DC?

Does it really matter.......................what about the water boy what's he doing for the next few months???

The argument of, "Well this guy sucks, so let's just bring anyone and hope for the best," rarely works out. So once again, still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable mid-season replacement.

Jason Peters for D line coach!

Do you seriously not understand the answer to that? It takes more than just recruiting. While the talent on the defense is not the best in the nation, they certainly should be playing better than they are (or have been).

What's your problem then?? If they can recruit and can't coach are they better than somebody who can't recruit but can take a walk on from an 8 man program and make him a champion... ??? You seem to be stuttering.

They need a former big name player to step in. Husker Pride is NU football. 5 star recruits dont mean squat if they cant cohere together, which they arent doing. They need a guy like Wistrom to come in and light a fire under their a$$es. Fire the guys up, Bring back the emotion and pride to HUskernation.Coaches need to get a start somewhere, Why not bring someone like him in and give him a shot.

This was addressed earlier in the thread. It's not like we'll have people lining up mid-season to take over at DC, so it would have to come from inside the program. Wyatt is probably the only real choice we'd have, and I don't think he'd necessarily work out any better than Cosgrove. There's no way to know.

As I said before, totally getting rid of Cosgrove at this point could easily hurt recruiting. And yes, he can and does bring in good talent. We have a lot of good talent lined up for next season that he's been involved in recruiting. If we replaced him at DC with Wyatt and kept him on until the end of the season to finish out his recruiting, I"d be fine with that. I've already said so.

But recruiting is essential to college football teams, and doing something that might hurt a currently outstanding recruiting class would be stupid.

This was addressed earlier in the thread. It's not like we'll have people lining up mid-season to take over at DC, so it would have to come from inside the program. Wyatt is probably the only real choice we'd have, and I don't think he'd necessarily work out any better than Cosgrove. There's no way to know.

As I said before, totally getting rid of Cosgrove at this point could easily hurt recruiting. And yes, he can and does bring in good talent. We have a lot of good talent lined up for next season that he's been involved in recruiting. If we replaced him at DC with Wyatt and kept him on until the end of the season to finish out his recruiting, I"d be fine with that. I've already said so.

But recruiting is essential to college football teams, and doing something that might hurt a currently outstanding recruiting class would be stupid.

Gawd yer funny!!! :rollin

maybe I'm a pessimist, but this season is already lost. Why not bring in someone right away. Give hime the rest of the season to get a start on his new D scheme. If Coz has all this great talent he recruited, a different coach could maybe do something with it??

Bring someone in from outside the program? Do the people you've mentioned even want the job of DC at Nebraska, or is that just who you'd like to see? If they don't want the job, then who do we get? Nobody from another school in the middle of the football season. So we'd be promoting from inside.

first of all we have given up 300 yards so far in the 1st half. our D really couldn't get any worse.

I was thinking the same thing during the first half. We definately cannot get any worse. Can him now. After this week though, I am quickly losing my faith in BC also. He should go if this landslide continues.