for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

that is true, but you cant tell me some of the former alum havent ever discussed to their spouses about wishing they could get into a coaching position at the U

I'm sure they have. But again, we're talking being asked (out of the blue, I'd think) to come and be DC at Nebraska in the middle of the season. I certainly can't tell you what all the former Huskers are doing right now, but I'm pretty sure they have lives and responsibilities that would be very difficult to just drop on a moment's notice. And that's if they even wanted the job to start with. And then you have to wonder if you're just going to be there for half a season before they go shopping for someone else. It's just a lot to expect out of anyone.

so edylhusker....at what point would you consider pulling the plug on him. what if we give up 600 yards and 40 points next week(very possible) this does not look like it is getting any better

Are we talking removing him completely or removing him from DC but keeping him on to finish recruiting until things are basically wrapped up there?

so edylhusker....at what point would you consider pulling the plug on him. what if we give up 600 yards and 40 points next week(very possible) this does not look like it is getting any better

Are we talking removing him completely or removing him from DC but keeping him on to finish recruiting until things are basically wrapped up there?

just a reshuffling. lets just say we keep him in the program, and wyatt agrees to take the interim DC postion with the understanding he can apply for the position after the season.

just a reshuffling. lets just say we keep him in the program, and wyatt agrees to take the interim DC postion with the understanding he can apply for the position after the season.

Well, I've already said I'd be fine with that. Meaning if they did that tomorrow, I'd be fine with it. I'm not convinced it's the best decision, but the main concern for me is recruiting and getting Cosgrove gone at least at the end of the season. It would concern me that we'd lose Wyatt at the end of the season because we'd shop for a different DC and he'd not want to be "demoted" to his original position.

I'm still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable replacement in the middle of the season. There isn't any aspect of the defense that looks good, so who can you promote to the new DC?

Tech promoted from within. their situation sounded very similar to ours. the Iowa st team that got 400 yards and over 100 plays on us only had 170 against them when they started subbing in people LATE in the 4th. so there is certainly precedence for this type of a move.

And once again...who should we promote and why? Who has shown the least bit of promise on our defensive staff. Not to mention who has show the least bit of promise running the entire defense, let alone just their respective area?

This is pretty typical of this argument. "Fire him and bring in...anyone."

"Who?"

"I dunno, anyone."

I'm still waiting.

I'm sorry to use the BP reference, man. BO PELINI. This guy will have a head coaching position at a major college football program within the next 2 years...IF we don't snag him.

I really can't see a reason/argument that you can use to refute this.

He is the next college coach. Don't believe me??? Look at the way that his defense has drastically increased at his respective programs while there.

We can bring in an offensive coordinator to overhaul our offense. I think one thing is clear: Our offense, while the talent-level of our players has increased, has fallen FAR-SHORT of its potential. And when I say "FAR-SHORT" I mean DISGUSTINGLY FAR-SHORT.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the previous alumn would be more than willing to help out. Husker Pride doesnt fade, and if called upon, past players would do what they could to help out. Get the ball rollin now. The ship has already sunk...take the 4-2 record for what its worth. I had high expectations (5-1,6-0) for the year so far, with blowout wins and a tight game with USC. Minus Nevada, what has this team showed?

Being willing to help out and turning you life upside down on almost no notice to go take over as DC at Nebraska are two very different things. I'm sure all these people have responsibilities elsewhere...it's not like being DC is a part time job.

I'm starting to think that EbylHusker is Kevin Cosgrove's alternative-personality screen name.

What gives?

Ah, that must be because I said getting rid of Cosgrove by at least the season's end is a priority. Or is it that I said I'd be fine with replacing him with Wyatt as long as he was kept on the staff to finish out recruiting for this season?

Which of those two positions led you to think of me as Cosgrove?

:rollin

Nice call.

Ah, that must be because I said getting rid of Cosgrove by at least the season's end is a priority. Or is it that I said I'd be fine with replacing him with Wyatt as long as he was kept on the staff to finish out recruiting for this season?

Which of those two positions led you to think of me as Cosgrove?

:rollin

Nice call.

The simple fact that you defended tonights debauchery.